Help - 1st Caribbean Cruise Celebrity or RCCL ???

marc62

We want to go to the Caribbean for the first time but not sure what to expect or which cruise line to go for :confused: – Can my Cruise Critic Friends help??

After two RCCL cruises we experience Celebrity Infinity and loved the experience. Would we regret going back to RCCL??

How is life on board in the Caribbean, would we right to expect more life on deck in the evenings and on sea day’s with music and entertainment??

Do you have to play “Grab the sun bed”??

Will it be more relaxed than our other cruises (med in Oct, Norway, Alaska) due to the better weather??

Any other advice or words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Marc

We have done many Caribbean cruises on RCI over the years and have really enjoyed the atmosphere they provided. The Caribbean, by its very nature, is casual and relaxed, and that is reflected in RCI's outdoor music on the pool deck and activities, especially on sea days. The biggest annoyance is that people do go to the pool deck very early on sea days to "reserve" their loungers....even though that is considered a no-no. I have never seen the no reserving of chairs policy enforced--ever! The other big annoyance is just when I start to doze off, there are announcements over the PA system announcing bingo, or whatever sales pitch for the day they are pushing. When I'm awake I can tune that nonsense out....;)

European cruises are more about touring and sightseeing. Caribbean cruises are more about sun, sand, surf, and water sports, JMO, of course.

We are doing our first Celebrity cruise to the Caribbean this winter, and we are looking forward to seeing what they have to offer.

Whilst we are yet to sail our first Celebrity cruise, we have sailed twice on RCI to the caribbean.

Once a on a 7 night and then a 12 night and both were wonderful.

We always managed to find space if there was somewhere we really wanted to be otherwise if somewhere looked too crowded there was always another area with a good amostphere to hang around.

We probably wouldn't be giving Celebrity a go if RCI offerred the cruise we wanted. I don't think you can go wrong with RCI and the Caribbean.

Wish I was on one now!! :D

Archived