Forts - National Parks Pass

Colorado Kat

I typically buy the $80 National Parks pass every year, and mine just expired. I know it is good for a car-load of people. But how many people can get in if they are walking? 1? 4?

I don't buy the Parks Pass till I need to start using it, but if 4 of us can get in, it's worth buying it before the cruise. Thanks!

I typically buy the $80 National Parks pass every year, and mine just expired. I know it is good for a car-load of people. But how many people can get in if they are walking? 1? 4?

I don't buy the Parks Pass till I need to start using it, but if 4 of us can get in, it's worth buying it before the cruise. Thanks!

When we were there in 2011 they told my cousin had he brought his pass with he could have gotten in free. Sounds like just him, or maybe him and his wife. It is something like 5$ to get into both forts in that helps you decide if it's worth it.

Just a thought, if the pass is on your car, you can't bring it with. Whatever my cousin had is a card he kept in his wallet, maybe he had a lifetime? He emptied his wallet of all unnessasry items or he would have had it.

It's not something you attach to your car. It's plastic, like a credit card, or library card.

I think once you are over a certain age (60? 65?), you buy one for $10 and it's good for the rest of your lifetime.

I'm younger, so I buy the $80 yearly pass. It's good for a car-load of people, and 2 people can share it back & forth. I get one most years, but don't pick it up till I'm about to go into one of the National parks. It's good for a rolling 12 months. Might as well pick it up again in early January.

Thanks!

I think I have the answer for you (and for me for our next trip! :) )

http://store.usgs.gov/pass/annual.html

Who is admitted with an Annual Pass?

Each Annual Pass admits pass owner/s and passengers in a non-commercial vehicle at per-vehicle fee areas; and pass owner + 3 adults, not to exceed 4 adults, where per-person fees are charged. (Children under 16 are always admitted free).

Note: Photo identification will be requested to verify pass ownership.

Archived