Paying Seapass by credit in Europe

Shanafan

I tried to search for my own answer in the few spare minutes I have but cannot find an answer.

We are on the Liberty of the Seas this Saturday out of Barcelona. When we pay our seapass at the end of the cruise I am debating if I need to pay with my Royal Caribbean Visa or a Visa that does not charge any foreign transaction fees. I believe our RC Visa has a 3% foreign transaction fee, but if it is processed out of Miami or wherever it is in the US that shouldn't be an issue.

Can anyone help me out and let me know if there is something I need to know about ahead of time?

Another question is the VAT. I thought I read that if we save our receipts we can be refunded some of that tax.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

The charge on your credit card will be in dollars and processed by RCCL in Miami. There is no concern about foreign transaction fees.

Purchases or ATM use off the ship will, of course, be processed as a foreign transaction in euros converted back to dollars by your card issuer.

As far as VAT refunds, purchases you make over a certain limit can obtain VAT refunds at the airport. You need to do the paperwork in advance, so ask at the store before purchasing.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gunther and Uta

Archived