Costa Fortuna 5th June 2005

Chippy1

HI Single Spice

Nice to hear from you.....we can't wait either....although I can't quite believe it's next week!!

Have you cruised with Costa before?

My husband and I took our first ever cruise last November on the Costa Victoria and are really looking forward to this one, especially as we may actually see some sun this time! The weather in the Med is improving day by day!

I wonder if there is anyone else going...you'd think so given the size on the ship!!

hello chippy.

no, this is my first time on costa. i've previously sailed with celebrity (galaxy) and royal caribbean (adventure of the seas) in the eastern/southern caribbean. i'm looking forward to the mediterranean, although i expect it to be a drastically different cruising experience from my previous cruises.

this board is VERY quite. when i sailed with celebrity and royal caribbean, tons of people on my sailing posted messages both before and after the cruise. i hope this pre-cruise message board experience is not indicative of our cruise experience...

Don't let the lack of messages throw you. Most Cruise Critic posters are in U.S. and Canada and most of your fellow passengers will be from Europe. We did the Costa Fortuna in February and didn't have a whole lot of activity on our roll call here but ended up having a wonderful cruise.

Thanks ECCruise...for your reassurance!! I'm from the UK and can't find a comparable site in Europe and I found this one by accident so you are probably right!!

Any info on the Fortuna or ports would be much appreciated -just to encourage my pre-cruise excitement!!

Single Spice- As i've only sailed Costa and only in Europe i have nothing to compare...but to us (from UK) Carribean would be the ultimate! Mustn't complain tho...we are leaving the kids behind and sqeezing this holiday in before going to Florida and New York in the summer.

Chippy, cant help with Fortuna as I dont go until July 24th, but I've jsut returned from the Magica which is almost identical with a similar itinerary. If you read all the Magica threads and also this one

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=95331&page=2&pp=25&highlight=Fortuna

I'm sure you'll get some great info.

Have a great time, I look forward to reading all about it on your return.

Hi Single Spice...not sure if you have left home yet....been frantic this week and haven't had time to even look at the computer.....is't that always the case! I had the last minute panic buying frenzt over the weekend..convinced I didn't have enough clothes and now I have no idea how I'm going to fit them all in!

Anyway we leave for London tomorrow for our flight to Genoa early Sunday morning...can't believe it's actually here and that the weather in the med is really good. Hope you have a good flight over and a great cruise!!

Archived