is there a kettle............

driverandrews

To a tea drinker, nothing tastes worse than water dripped through a coffee maker.

There are usually urns set up for coffee and tea in the atrium area (sorry, I've never been on the POA) but on other ships, it's near the Java cafe or by the blue lagoon. There is usually a box of tea with 6-8 selections (Lipton brand) and include Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Green Tea, Chamomille, and a fruit flavored tea or two. They also have regular lipton tea bags and decaf. However, you won't find loose tea, or a tea ball anywhere.

The restaurants and MDR's also will bring you tea, but sometimes the selection is lacking (I ask for English Breakfast most times, and they couldn't always find any). So I would grab and extra packet to keep with me and use for after dinner if the waiter couldn't supply me with the one I wanted.

I, too, am a tea drinker in a coffee world, especially in the USA :)

Enjoy your cruise!

~Michele

As both a tea and coffee drinker, I can tell you I have never had a really good cup of tea on a ship. The water is never boiled and heaven forbid the tea bag is actually placed in the cup before the water is.... :( sigh I was seriously considering bringing a hot pot for this cruise. I am bringing my own tea bags for sure.

we are boarding the POA in 2 weeks and have read that their is a coffee maker in the balcony rooms, is there also a kettle...travelling from the uk and much prefer a cuppa !:)

I too am a UK cruiser. Allow me to make a recommendation to you. Throw a box of your favourite tea bags into your case. As others have said the hot water is readily available from various places but good tea bags are not.

Personally I like Tetley or Yorkshire tea. The Lipton bags are insipid and weak. If you are cruising in Europe they do have Tetley and PG on board but the Pride of America I don't think will. Bring your own, they won't take much space in your bags and you will be much happier for doing so.

Just remember that both kettles and hot pots (unless I'm thinking of the wrong thing) are potential fire hazards, and forbidden to bring onboard.

Not worth going to all the effort of packing it, if it's just going to earn you a trip to the naughty room.

Personally I like Tetley or Yorkshire tea. The Lipton bags are insipid and weak.

I concur!!

If you are cruising in Europe they do have Tetley and PG on board but the Pride of America I don't think will. Bring your own, they won't take much space in your bags and you will be much happier for doing so.

PG is my everyday tea at home and I have never seen it on an NCL ship. Maybe I need a European cruise... :rolleyes: :)

Just remember that both kettles and hot pots (unless I'm thinking of the wrong thing) are potential fire hazards, and forbidden to bring onboard.

My balcony cabin on the Jewel had a hot pot, so I dont see why they would ban you from taking one along on another ship.

Not worth going to all the effort of packing it, if it's just going to earn you a trip to the naughty room.

PG is my everyday tea at home and I have never seen it on an NCL ship. Maybe I need a European cruise... :rolleyes: :)

Much higher number of British people sailing on European sailings so a few food and drink concessions are made. I saw black pudding on the breakfast buffet most mornings as well as a more suitable type of Bacon although I do like the crispy American style for a change sometimes. Fun to eat as cutting it with a knife often results in someone nearby finding it landing on their plate or taking an eye out.

Shame about the kettles as the hot water in not really hot enough. Health and Safety I suspect to be responsible for this.

Archived