Viking Yacht Cruises

Ashley44

• 2 weeks later...

My son and I have changed our plans from the Golden Fleece Cruise to the Viking Yacht Cruise. It looks wonderful and the travel agent said she had heard great things about the crew and the food as well as the boat. The M/S H&B is new (2001) and there are only 20 cabins with a max of 40 passengers.

We have not made our final decision which will have to be made on Monday. There is a 10-day stay and cruise with 3 nights in Mykonos and 4 days cruising that includes Ephesus and Patmos (which I really wanted to see where John wrote the Revelation). This is a tough decision.

I do think you should know that if the wind is too high, the smaller yacht cannot leave the port and you may get stuck in one place for a couple of days. That doesn't really bother me, but it is something to consider.

Enjoy whatever you do!

• 2 weeks later...

We are also looking at this smaller yacht for a Greek Isles cruise. Does anyone out there have any additional information or advice. We have extensive cruising experience (10 cruises in 6 years) as well as are experience sailors (we sail our own 36' sloop) However, we are concerned about the quality of service and food as well as comfort. This ship is realtively new although small with only 40 passengers in 20 cabins. Also looking for advice on pre and post Athens...such as where to stay and what to do.:cool:

Parrotheads:

My son and I have decided to go on the m/s H&B. Our cruise starts July 1, 2005 for 7 days. I have been told by the travel agent that the service is very good and the food is excellent. There are 9 crew members and they are all Greek. The contact I have had with both the Athens office and in speaking with the Wilmington, NC, office has been very pleasant. They will pick you up from your hotel and take you back to your hotel or the airport. That's good. Take a look at their website and you can see some of the cabins.

You might also like to take a look at tripadvisor.com. I found reviews for hotels there in both Rome and Athens and chose our hotels after reading reviews.

Good luck!!

Grace

• 1 month later...

Archived