San Diego Parking for Cruising!

Renorita

Hi everyone! We are going to be Retiring in the Salton Sea Area this fall, so will probably be Cruising out of San Diego, hopefully at least once a year! Since we will be driving, would appreciate knowing the best/safest, and most reasonable place for extended parking. Thank you! :)

There is a large, fenced, attended lot right across the street from the terminal that is the "standard" place to park. It's easy to walk your luggage across the street, or drive into the cruise terminal to load/unload. The cruise ship terminal is right downtown and quite close to the airport, so there must be lots of secure alternatives.

This year we used Ampco and were very impressed. They provide a shuttle to/from ship. Look them up on the net. We were able to prebook and save some money.

Thank you aecmsc, will definitely check out this site. :)

cactuslady, Do you happen to know the price per week of the lot you are referring to?

Several years ago we paid $96 I think it was for the lot across the street for a 7 day cruise. It is cash up front. The sign says they take credit card, but they wouldn't take one, cash only. I don't know if this has changed.

Several years ago we paid $96 I think it was for the lot across the street for a 7 day cruise. It is cash up front. The sign says they take credit card, but they wouldn't take one, cash only. I don't know if this has changed.

I'm always impressed when people remember just how much they paid for some item years ago. I can't even remember my phone number. :o

RENORITA

We sailed out of SAN DIEGO last month and parked right across from the terminal you could almost throw a stone across the sreet and hit the parking lot.

I didn't pay up front, i paid when i picked up the car after the cruise and the cost was $12 a day.

You drive right up to the front of the terminal, unload your luggage ,have someone watch them and drive straight down to the first light ,turn left and go down to the next light make a u turn ,which is legal and drive back to the parking lot entrance, very easy. You park your own car.

JIM

Hi everyone! We are going to be Retiring in the Salton Sea Area this fall, so will probably be Cruising out of San Diego, hopefully at least once a year! Since we will be driving, would appreciate knowing the best/safest, and most reasonable place for extended parking. Thank you! :)

The cruise ship terminal is about 2-3 miles from the airport and they have long term off site parking for 7-10 dollars per day so that is always an option.

Lance

The price stuck in my head because I wasn't ready for that much cash going out immediately and I was figuring seven days, not the eight they charge you for. We live east of San Diego and I always have to consider whether it is cheaper to drive and park or get a car to take us to and from the cruise. It is around $50 each way for transport, so a seven day cruise is a wash, but anything longer it doesn't pay to drive and park.

Archived