Norfolk, Va visited by NCL Jewel

hammsz

I was also on the Jewel when she was in Norfolk. Lacking the hot tub (brian99 was using it all day...:p) I walked around downtown Norfolk during the morning. Very friendly and helpful locals giving directions, it was a pleasant stroll. Ended up in the mall for a spot of shopping. Afterwards it looked very much like rain so I skipped my planned tour of the USS Wisconsin and went back to the Jewel.

We were delayed leaving for 1.5 hours in the evening because the USS Abraham Lincoln came into port and there wasn't enough space for both of us in the channel. Loved how excited our captain sounded when he announced it: "I just had a call from the Navy..." :D Was also very nice to see the Lincoln passing us and the crewmen waving to us and our passengers waving back and cheering!

Overall I enjoyed the unexpected stay in Norfolk, though wheather-wise Nassau might have been a little nicer...;)

Overall I enjoyed the unexpected stay in Norfolk, though wheather-wise Nassau might have been a little nicer...;)

Okay, I probably have to correct myself here: NORMALLY Nassau would have been nicer, not on that particular day, though...

Archived