Fat Flush

I am thinking of trying the Fat Flush program, and wonder if anyone has had any success with it? It looks very rigid, but maybe I need something like that to get me going.

Susan

What is the Fat Flush program? I'm interested in anything that will jump start my weight loss. I need to lose about 25-30lbs.

Terri

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't that the program by Anne Louise Gittelman (not sure I got the name right)? I am reading a couple of her books right now about nutrition & menopause & she seems to know what she's talking about. Among other things, she advocates NOT being fat-free, but eating plenty of the "good" fats found in fish, flax, olive oil, etc.

I'm highlighting & underlining all over the place, & I have to go back to see what specifically applies to me before I really start following her plan.

One of the things that she says, that I really agree with, is that modern medicine tends to treat the symptoms of our health problems, not the root causes. For example, my mom has high blood pressure & high cholesterol, & I see in these books that some blood pressure meds interfere with absorption of some vitamins/minerals that help in lowering cholesterol, & some meds that help lower cholesterol interfere with blood pressure. What a catch-22!

If (after I understand all the details) I can convince my mom to try to change some of her eating habits, maybe she can reduce the amounts of these meds she takes (if not eliminate them entirely!)

What I'm really lloking for is a natural way to lose that "excess belly fat" they keep talking about on TV. My body shape over the last few years has been shifting from an hourglass shape (a definitely over weight hourglass shape!) to an apple shape - even after losing 40 lbs! (Still have about 40 to go!)

Let us know if this Fat Flush Plan is really worth looking into!

I went to the website listed above and also to the comments from Amazon users who bought the book and it is quite interesting. I'd really like to hear from some people on this message board who have experience with this program. I'd be willing to give this a try, but the fact that the author seems to be making a lot of money from this makes me a bit on the skeptical side.

Any people with Fatflush experience, pro or con???

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I did the Fat Flush plan 1.5 years ago and lost from 156 to 126 pounds. My cellulite completly disappeared and I never felt better in my life. It is NOT a quick fix diet. I lost the weight over a 5 month period. It is a rigid, but healty plan. I had NEVER been on a diet before so I really can't compare it to anything else. I am a tall person (5'8") and was not considered overweight even by my doctor, however I didn't feel good aboout the way I looked in clothes. Plus, I didn't feel healthy. I did this diet by myself, but used the fat flush chatboards for support. My friends and coworkers were so amazed by my resolve and results, that many have gone the diet. I was off the diet for a year before I started gaining the weight back.

You'll need access to a good health food store to get the required "stuff" to do the diet. I wasn't able to do a completely organic diet, as I didn't have access to many organic vegetables and no organic meat. (I live in a very small town.)

Good luck!

Like I already said, I'm reading some of her other books on perimenopause & women's nutrition (haven't got to Fat Flush yet - that is next!), & she does seem to "push" (sell) some "one of a kind" combinations of herbs & all natural supplements, but as a non-medical person who has dieted a lot & read a lot of diet info, most of her advice seems very doable & reasonable, & you can probably do it without buying "her" stuff, or the specific brands she reccomends in her books. You probably would need to get some vitamin, mineral & herb supplements from somewhere, if you can't get them all in the foods she suggests. Sometimes I think if you try to eat all that food they suggest for you to get all the nutrients, you can never lose ANY weight! :p

This reminds me that I saw something on the news the other day how you can get "designer vitamins" - specific formulations for vitamins & minerals tailored to your health needs, so you don't have to take a gazillion different pills to get the combination you need. I saw it on WHDH Channel 7 news in the Boston Area. I'll see if I can find a link to the News that has the info on the vitamins.

Archived