Post cruise tour of New Orleans thru NCL

Hol-meister

I've read about this being offered,how do I find information about it? I have looked on all the threads here on CC and can't seem to find my answer.

We are sailing on the Star on dec 23. We have a 630pm flight out of NO so we need somewhere to put our luggage and thought a tour would be good (since I haven't read great things about the baggage service).

TIA!

I've read about this being offered,how do I find information about it? I have looked on all the threads here on CC and can't seem to find my answer.

We are sailing on the Star on dec 23. We have a 630pm flight out of NO so we need somewhere to put our luggage and thought a tour would be good (since I haven't read great things about the baggage service).

TIA!

I'm on the sailing before you and I saw this tour offered in the excursions on ncl.com. Did you try there?

And what bag service did you read bad things about? I'm thinking about using advanced check-in so we can hang out on bourbon street till our flight.

Ashley, after I posted this, I thought about NCL.com :D Duh!

I read a couple bad reviews about Advance check-in. I read some good ones too, so it's a toss up I guess.

Someone had told us about doing a tour (not necessarily through the cruise line) and we thought if we were doing a tour we might as well do it this way. We'd have to pay to get to the airport anyway. Tours arent' my favorite way to see things but we have 2 days pre-cruise to see NO too so I am not too concerned.

Have a great cruise!

We are doing same thing in February. Planned on using luggage thing, but wasn't aware of any problems. It was pretty painless on RCL last year.

We are planning on visiting World War II museum located not far from NCL

terminal and then having late lunch/early dinner before airport.

Ashley, after I posted this, I thought about NCL.com :D Duh!

I read a couple bad reviews about Advance check-in. I read some good ones too, so it's a toss up I guess.

Have a great cruise!

I have only read good things about advanced but there didn't seem to be a lot of reviews either. I'd love to know what you found if you don't mine sharing?!

I have only read good things about advanced but there didn't seem to be a lot of reviews either. I'd love to know what you found if you don't mine sharing?!

This was the only one I could find. I know I read another one, but I can't find it now.

We cruised from New Orleans in March. Upon our return we had extra time in N.O. so we check our bags with Rush It Courier (alias Advanced Check-in). Unfortunately our large duffel did not make it to the airport - the other 4 bags did. Their paperwork said they had the same liability as the airline for a lost bag. At first they were very friendly and said they would reimburse us for the loss. After we submitted a list of the lost items and their value the company quit returning our calls. If we actually got someone to answer they would claim the owner was in the building and would call us back - but no one would ever call. It has been 6 months and we have not been reimbursed a penny. The BBB cannot help because mail is returned from the address on their website. I filed a complaint with the Attorney General and received a letter from them saying they would look into it. I tried working with them for months because they were so nice in the beginning. But at this point I have no apparent avenue to recover what is lost & I want people aware the risk they run if they use this service.

I don't know if it's just one bad apple or what, it just made me pause. I did read that they also don't always answer their phones. Hope that helps!

This was the only one I could find. I know I read another one, but I can't find it now.

We cruised from New Orleans in March. Upon our return we had extra time in N.O. so we check our bags with Rush It Courier (alias Advanced Check-in). Unfortunately our large duffel did not make it to the airport - the other 4 bags did. Their paperwork said they had the same liability as the airline for a lost bag. At first they were very friendly and said they would reimburse us for the loss. After we submitted a list of the lost items and their value the company quit returning our calls. If we actually got someone to answer they would claim the owner was in the building and would call us back - but no one would ever call. It has been 6 months and we have not been reimbursed a penny. The BBB cannot help because mail is returned from the address on their website. I filed a complaint with the Attorney General and received a letter from them saying they would look into it. I tried working with them for months because they were so nice in the beginning. But at this point I have no apparent avenue to recover what is lost & I want people aware the risk they run if they use this service.

I don't know if it's just one bad apple or what, it just made me pause. I did read that they also don't always answer their phones. Hope that helps!

If all you can find is a few bad reviews out of all the people that use it then I'm betting it's a pretty great service!

I'm cautious about using them but figure it's a pretty good deal and so maybe worth the risk. I've been to NOLA a couple times and just have no interest in doing a cruise sponsered tour so I don't think I have many other options. I certainly can't lug my bags around the city! lol

I'd love to hear from anyone that has used them recently. Anyone?? :-)

Archived