Eurodam New England Cruise-Where are the tables?

Dodger Blue

Weve been back almost a week from our cruise on the Eurodam and wanted to make a few comments. First off we had a great time even though Sandy disrupted things a bit. There have been other comments regarding the Captain's handling of things. My only comment is that while there were a couple of things I thought they could have handled better, they are too insignificant to mention them here. I thought, under the circumstances they did the right things.

The cruise itself I would classify as average. Of course any cruise is a good cruise! However, I felt as though the crew was going through the motions. I don't know if it was because it was the last cruise before repositioning or what, but with the exception of our cabin steward I didn't find the crew exceptionally gracious. I felt, at times, I was a bother. In addition, while I thought that Quebec City, Charlottetown, Halifax, Bar Harbor, and Boston were terrific ports, Syndney was so-so and Sagenay and Baie Comeau were nice looking from the ship, but there was absolutely nothing there!

But my biggest complaint was that they've taken away the side tables by the lounge chairs poolside. They jammed as many lounge chairs in, side by side, and have no tables to put your drinks, food, glasses, books, etc. Consequently, your only alternative to place these items is on the ground. Not only is it inconvenient and uncomfortable, personally I would think that HAL would see this as a safety issue. Items on the gound are easily kicked and/or broken. Now this was my first time on the Eurodam, but this is the first time on any cruise ship I've been on that they did not have these types of tables by the lounge chairs. I think they need to re-think this decision.

But, like I said, all things considers, we had a great time.

Archived