Dream outside plus cabin 7140

Has anybody stayed in cabin 7140 on the Dream? Looking for feedback please on location? noise? etc? Selected this cabin as its directly under the reception and not a bar so hoped it would be reasonably quiet. I would normally have gone for a more forward cabin than this one which is to the rear of midship but still classed as midship according to TA. All advice welcomed.....:)

No stayed in it but know where it is from being on the deck on previous cruises - it should be ok - you are about to get to the point where you can " hear the ship " just a very little bit but most certainly not enough to wake you up. My advice to people is stay bow side of C stairs to avoid any such risk and you are just between C and D but have the advantage of being on 7 as opposed to Deck 5.

As for the cabin - it does not have a shower tray but it has a shower over the bath tub.

have a great time - no need to worry about the location !

Has anybody stayed in cabin 7140 on the Dream? Looking for feedback please on location? noise? etc? Selected this cabin as its directly under the reception and not a bar so hoped it would be reasonably quiet. I would normally have gone for a more forward cabin than this one which is to the rear of midship but still classed as midship according to TA. All advice welcomed.....:)

Sorry to be negative about this and totally disagree with Huddersfieldtourist :( but we stayed in 7145 which was the noisiest cabin we have ever stayed in. It was not passenger noise but the ship groaning and creaking all night and it was really bad for movement.

Hardly got any sleep all week. 7140 is the opposite side to where we were so it might be better.

Our friends had a cabin opposite side to us but they were way up front and we could not believe the difference theirs was great. The annoying thing was we had pre-booked ours and they just got what was allocated.:(

Think it was Dave or Berwyn that have mentioned this before its something to do with the white space at this end that runs through the ship.

It is def. rear of the ship and if you haven't already booked it I would go for one further forward.

If you have already booked sorry again this is just our opinion though you could think otherwise:)

Mary

Oh dear!! Two very different opinions here and really don't know what to do now! We did book this cabin as we wanted to ensure a quiet one. TA thought this to be a good location as there would be no music noise from bars etc above and it was just back from the staircase so would avoid the gathering area at the lifts where people do tend to chat.

I don't mind re booking to ensure we end up in a good location. So recommendations of deck 7 outside plus cabins that are definately quiet please?

Oh dear!! Two very different opinions here and really don't know what to do now! We did book this cabin as we wanted to ensure a quiet one. TA thought this to be a good location as there would be no music noise from bars etc above and it was just back from the staircase so would avoid the gathering area at the lifts where people do tend to chat.

I don't mind re booking to ensure we end up in a good location. So recommendations of deck 7 outside plus cabins that are definately quiet please?

Ooh sorry but if you could I would def rebook it is in a good location as regards bars etc but is really bad for ship noise. I will ask our friends which they stayed in I couldn't believe the difference in theirs to ours. Think its the 70's that are the quieter ones.

Thank you Scarey Mary, really appreciate your help.

I sleep through anything so noise and even vibration wouldn't bother me but one member of the family hears everything and as I would like to have a fun and happy holiday not a grumpy one then a quiet cabin is vital!! :rolleyes:

Huddersfield tourist - thank you for your advice too, will follow your advice re forward of stair c :)

Thank you Scarey Mary, really appreciate your help.

I sleep through anything so noise and even vibration wouldn't bother me but one member of the family hears everything and as I would like to have a fun and happy holiday not a grumpy one then a quiet cabin is vital!! :rolleyes:

Huddersfield tourist - thank you for your advice too, will follow your advice re forward of stair c :)

Your welcome just spoke to my friend they stayed in 7046 and she said the only noise they heard was the man next door snoring on the 1st night:)

Even though this cabin was at the front there was less movement felt than in 7145. I was even considering camping out on their sofa.

I cannot find anywhere the stairs are lettered but if we were booking now I would not go for any further back than 7129.

I like my sleep, we stay up very late and I am def not a morning person so I have to say I was very grumpy.:(

Hope this helps 7140 might be ok but we weren't very far away in 7145 and it was awful.

Your welcome just spoke to my friend they stayed in 7046 and she said the only noise they heard was the man next door snoring on the 1st night:)

Even though this cabin was at the front there was less movement felt than in 7145. I was even considering camping out on their sofa.

I cannot find anywhere the stairs are lettered but if we were booking now I would not go for any further back than 7129.

I like my sleep, we stay up very late and I am def not a morning person so I have to say I was very grumpy.:(

Hope this helps 7140 might be ok but we weren't very far away in 7145 and it was awful.

Sorry just thought of something else to add to your dilema I have just noticed you are doing the Caribbean, I presume the seas will be calmer there than the Canaries so the cabin may be ok.

Hope someone else can help you. I would feel awful if you wasted the £39 and you hadn't needed to.

Thank You SM & PP.

I spoke to a girl at Thomson today who offered me 7071 as an alternative. However she was quite certain that 7041 was a good cabin in a convenient location so I have decided to stick with this cabin. From the information you have all given me I think I am just being a bit over cautious!!

Thank You SM & PP.

I spoke to a girl at Thomson today who offered me 7071 as an alternative. However she was quite certain that 7041 was a good cabin in a convenient location so I have decided to stick with this cabin. From the information you have all given me I think I am just being a bit over cautious!!

Confused now thought you had booked 7140:confused:

Someone had put something on the Thomson cruise page on Facebook about 7041.

Confused now thought you had booked 7140:confused:

Someone had put something on the Thomson cruise page on Facebook about 7041.

Sorry for that, yes we have prebooked 7140 but I phoned Thomson today to find out what alternatives were available to change to and 7071 was the best still open for prebooking.

I will go have a look at FB for reassurance but do think 7140 will be just fine and I'm getting my knickers in a twist for nothing ;)

Sorry for that, yes we have prebooked 7140 but I phoned Thomson today to find out what alternatives were available to change to and 7071 was the best still open for prebooking.

I will go have a look at FB for reassurance but do think 7140 will be just fine and I'm getting my knickers in a twist for nothing ;)

It's all these 7000 numbers getting confusing:). The thread on facebook was someone asking about cbins on deck 5 then someone added that one for deck 7.

I'm sure you will be ok the seas should be a lot calmer than we had. I have asked on fb if anyone has stayed in this cabin so it will be interesting to see if there is anyone else's opinion.

I did say further to the bow than 7140 would be better but can not see what the issues are but note your experience. I feel you were unlucky with the Atlantic swell. I have walked these corridors at night when the ship is sailing more than once and I feel I know all the noisy bits !! Sad some may say ... but I have done this with a ship plan and noted it down - even the white spaces !!

Scarey Mary - FYI - all the stairs are lettered and the white space is the shaft to the funnel in the 7140/7150 area.

Agree that 7041 and 7071 would be a better choice as I said in my original post " nearer the bow than 7140 would be better"

Still think 7140 should be ok but I would not choose it before others nearer bow - certainly would not go any further back in my opinion but it depends on how light you sleep etc etc etc or how much AI you have consumed :-)

Now then Huddersfieldtourist you have me sussed out with the AI!! I do love a cocktail or 10 after a busy day exploring :D

I got the FB page up but cannot find the chat about the cabins? Also have you never heard the music etc from the lounges above on deck 7 especially around 7071 on your strolls at night? I was going to stick with 7140 but I am happy to change to 7071 if it really is for the best and just suck up yet another charge!! :rolleyes:

Now then Huddersfieldtourist you have me sussed out with the AI!! I do love a cocktail or 10 after a busy day exploring :D

I got the FB page up but cannot find the chat about the cabins? Also have you never heard the music etc from the lounges above on deck 7 especially around 7071 on your strolls at night? I was going to stick with 7140 but I am happy to change to 7071 if it really is for the best and just suck up yet another charge!! :rolleyes:

It's on the Thomson Cruise group page not the main Thomson one. someone was asking about deck 5 when the comment about the cabin on deck 7 was put on.

Can I put my oar in here? :D

I thought 7071 sounded familiar! I just got out my cruise cards (sad person :o) We had 7071 on our first trip on the Dream and it was fine. On our second trip we had 7039 (next to 7041) and that was fine too. (7039 onwards are only outside, not outside plus, by the way)

Hope this helps:rolleyes:

Can I put my oar in here? :D

I thought 7071 sounded familiar! I just got out my cruise cards (sad person :o) We had 7071 on our first trip on the Dream and it was fine. On our second trip we had 7039 (next to 7041) and that was fine too. (7039 onwards are only outside, not outside plus, by the way)

Hope this helps:rolleyes:

Oooops that's me confusing things:confused: I put on 7041 cos someone said it was a good cabin without checking which type. SORRY:)

Archived