Carnival Changed Itenerary... Do I have any recourse?

btrbill

Thier email said "Operational Considerations"...

Operational Considerations? That's really informative. We were recently on a flight that was cancelled due to "operational considerations". That sounds like a way of saying "we wanted to so we could make more money and confuse you idiots with a bunch of jargon". Of course we couldn't get them to put us up for the night, give us a dinner coupon, or put us on another airline because the flight was cancelled due to "operational considerations". I hope you have better luck with Carnival.

j

Booked the Breeze out of Miami for March 1, 2014, Early Saver. Originaly going to Turks, San Juan, St. Martin, and St. Marteen.

Got an email this morning that says the itnerary has been changed to Turk, La Romana, Curacao, and Aruba. These may be great ports but it is NOT were I want to go, nor where I booked. Called Carnival to get a refund and they said it was not refundable since it is ES. AND, to change it to the original itenerary on a different date, they want to charge $50 each. I understnad the rules, and if I voluntarily changed I would pay the change fee with no problem. However, CCL changed it and this is not the cruise I want, or booked.

PVP, who I will no longer use, refused to let me spaek to a Supervisor!! Got any other ideas?

I'm not sure if this is true for all PVPs, but last time I talked to one, she was working from home (telecommuting) and may not have a way to transfer ???

I'm not sure if this is true for all PVPs, but last time I talked to one, she was working from home (telecommuting) and may not have a way to transfer ???

All PVP's working from home have the same resources and access to supervisors as the PVP's working at the main office in Miramar, FL.

I believe Maarten is the Dutch spelling and Martin is the French. There are two cruise ports but I think they are both on the same side of the island.

There are two cruise ports indeed, but one is in the Dutch side (Philipsburg, Sint Maarten) and one in the French side (Marigot, St. Martin).

Large cruise ships will dock in the Dutch side, while smaller cruise ships (usually from luxury cruise lines) will dock in the French side.

Archived