Brilliance of the Seas April 13, 2013 Eastbound Transatlantic

xterracub

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh yes. We always go to the FOD meets, and even when they don't post any meetings, we are usually up in the Viking Crown Lounge at 5pm. I haven't been on RCCL for a couple of years, but the last time I was on the Radiance, they only posted a FOD meeting on the third night in the lounge which kinda sucked as a lot of the guy's that showed didn't know about FOD and they missed out on getting to know the rest of us for half the cruise.

I hope this practice has been rectified, but either way I suggest us all meeting in the lounge at 5 pm daily.

Rich and I has set dining at 6pm, but once on board we will be seeing about changing to my time dining.

Great to see there's a few people around. Yea, sometimes it's a challenge to find a mention of FOD get-togethers, but if not in the daily handout, many lines (Carnival) also post something on a message board (usually located around the library).

I'm so looking forward to this trip -- never done a transatlantic. I've heard mixed things about the weather to expect . . . but it's generally a bit on the colder side, correct ?

Cheers,

Marc

NJ/NYC

This tranny route is very southern, unlike Cunard's more northern crossing.

Maybe the weather will be good. I'd like to know where FOD usually meet, as :they usually don't post anything in the first daily program, do they? I'm solo and don't want to crawl the ship....LOL

This will be my 5th cruise with RCI and they have always posted the FOD on the community bulletin board near guest services. On my last cruise (last week) it was at 8 pm.... unfortunately my dinner was at 8:30 pm so I missed most of them.... I usually like it when they are around 4:30 or so... we can always put our own. On some of my cruises friends of mine didn't like the venue where it was being hosted as there were some other stuff happening so we posted our own FOD.... so it's all good.

I think the reason they don't post it on the 'compass' is to prevent confusion with families. I have heard stories of parents taking their kids to "friends of Dorothy" thinking it was a Wizard of Oz thing... I could see that being confusing.

Make sure you guys sign up for the Cruise Critic/RCI meet and mingle, and show up, that will be another way for FOD's to meet :)

I hope to be on the ship by 2 pm latest, as I am staying in PR the night before. Anyone staying in Old San Juan? I am still debating if I want to change my hotel for one in Condado or not. being on my own on this cruise it might be easier to walk around Old San Juan looking at stuff then being in Condado... decision decision decisions....

I have done one TA before and we have beautiful weather throughout the crossing and ****ty one in the Mediterranean... I think it depends on the luck of the draw. The one time I did a TA we had one sort of rough day/evening at sea but that was it.

Anyone doing late diner?

Hope to chat with you all soon. it's confusing having two gay board for the same cruise.. hahahaha

Well actually I forgot about the Schooner bar on RCL so for all who follow this thread, how about we meet there at 5pm daily, or until we decide to go elsewhere.

It was mentioned in a previous post that the Viking crown was too formal, and I agree. So anyone got any complaints?

Well actually I forgot about the Schooner bar on RCL so for all who follow this thread, how about we meet there at 5pm daily, or until we decide to go elsewhere.

It was mentioned in a previous post that the Viking crown was too formal, and I agree. So anyone got any complaints?

sounds good, I'll check what the community bulletin says as well, depending if some have an early diner we can also do it around 4:30... anyway it's all good, the ship is not that big we will find each other. I hope to be on the ship early that day...... 8:30 is a very late departure..... and that's my diner time... so it sucks, I love to be on the deck to watch the first departure... and San Juan is nice, sailing by the Fort..

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all

We did a transatlantic last year at the same time on the Adventure of the Seas and we had so many guys on board we took over a whole bar . There were over 50 of us

Not sure how this one will be but regardless we will be out of this crazy cold weather that we are having here in Canada in April !!!

brrr !l

see you on board !!!!

Hi jawbone.

I hope this cruise turns out just as much fun. Last Dec. on the queen Mary we had almost a whole bar full also and out was a blast. The disco was basically the gay bar after 10 pm.

I'm sure we'll all have a great time!

no matter what , it sounds like we will all make it fun !!!!!

Last year the disco was so busy they had to assign extra security

Guess they were afriad we would take over the whole ship !

LOL !!!

see you next Saturday

John and Brent

Ottawa ON , Canada

Looking forward to our transatlantic cruise. This will be our 3 rd crossing . Have always enjoyed meeting for the FOD. My partner and I are traveling with our straight married friends. We look forward to great weather and new friends. Shane & brooks from seattle

Hi all,

Bob from Houston. Glad to see this message thread and hopefully some family on board. Single and traveling solo. 2nd or 3rd crossing. Looking forward to no cell phone, email, etc.

Will be looking out for the FOD happy hours :-)

no matter what , it sounds like we will all make it fun !!!!!

Last year the disco was so busy they had to assign extra security

Guess they were afriad we would take over the whole ship !

LOL !!!

see you next Saturday

John and Brent

Ottawa ON , Canada

Hey John and Brent... you two are from Ottawa? So am I!!!

It's confusing the fact there are two GLBT board for the same cruise... hahaha on top of the regular board and the meet me on board site as well..

well it's getting closer, looking forward to it. I should be on the ship early pm, I know lots of Cruise Critic people are meeting around 4:30 at the sky bar (I think).

Here is the other board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1741328

anyway looking forward to the FOD gathering and to meet all of you.

Steph

I can't get this fifty-pound limit for this luggage.

I'm gonna just wear a jumpsuit the whole time.

I've had it!!!!

I had to use two checked luggage :( it's the price of travelling, I needed my 7 pairs of shoes! Lol

Archived