Need Cozumel excursion help please

Hol-meister

Sailing on the NCL Star at Christmas. I have all my excursions booked except for Cozumel and having a hard time deciding what to do.

We are going to Maya Chan in Costa Maya, we are booked with Victor Bodden for private Best of Roatan w/zip lining and we are booked with cave tubing in Belize.

We are looking at the Dune Buggy tour in Cozumel or just going to Paradise Beach or Chankanaab Park.

We are a family of 5. Me, DH, my mom (64 yo), DS (14yo) and DD (11yo). My son, of course, wants to do dune buggies, he wants all the excitement he can get. I'd like to possibly be able to have them be able to snorkel more. I don't know how much opportunity we will be able to have before we get to Cozumel. I also don't want to book a snorkel excursion in Cozumel because I have been to Cozumel before (8 years ago) for a week and we only got in the water twice because of red flag conditions. They don't seem gung-ho on snorkeling but they have never been and I know they would love it once they do it!

I just don't know if I want to pay the $80 pp for the tour and only have a small time to snorkel (but see a lot of the island) and if it's worth it. Last time we were there we did the sandrail excursion which was a lot of fun but we have 5 people this time and that's not going to work out (based on 2 people in a rail).

If we just go to Paradise or Chankanaab is my son going to be dissapointed? Or is he (and us) going to be satisfied because of the other excursions we have already planned?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Sailing on the NCL Star at Christmas. I have all my excursions booked except for Cozumel and having a hard time deciding what to do.

We are going to Maya Chan in Costa Maya, we are booked with Victor Bodden for private Best of Roatan w/zip lining and we are booked with cave tubing in Belize.

We are looking at the Dune Buggy tour in Cozumel or just going to Paradise Beach or Chankanaab Park.

We are a family of 5. Me, DH, my mom (64 yo), DS (14yo) and DD (11yo). My son, of course, wants to do dune buggies, he wants all the excitement he can get. I'd like to possibly be able to have them be able to snorkel more. I don't know how much opportunity we will be able to have before we get to Cozumel. I also don't want to book a snorkel excursion in Cozumel because I have been to Cozumel before (8 years ago) for a week and we only got in the water twice because of red flag conditions. They don't seem gung-ho on snorkeling but they have never been and I know they would love it once they do it!

I just don't know if I want to pay the $80 pp for the tour and only have a small time to snorkel (but see a lot of the island) and if it's worth it. Last time we were there we did the sandrail excursion which was a lot of fun but we have 5 people this time and that's not going to work out (based on 2 people in a rail).

If we just go to Paradise or Chankanaab is my son going to be dissapointed? Or is he (and us) going to be satisfied because of the other excursions we have already planned?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

You know what, he's going to have had so much fun on the ship making new friends and doing activities, plus out on the other excursions that he will not be disappointed! I have two boys and at that age they really didn't care what we did, they were just happy to be on the cruise.

Don't overthink it too much, it sounds like you already have lots of good stuff planned out.

I've been to the park but it was years ago, it does seem like a lot of people here have had good snorkeling experiences there. I'm not familiar with Paradise Beach, sorry. Did you look at Mr. Sanchos? They have a lot of activities there as well. From what I've read here, it's a good place for kids.

I know you're not looking for other ideas but I just have to tell you, one of our favorite excursions of all time in Cozumel was Passion Island. You can take a Twister Boat ride there or a regular boat. It's all inclusive, limited to the number of people there each day. Beach is nice and clean...it's where the Corona beer commercials were filmed. We had fun playing on a trampoline out in the water...it's also laid back too. My youngest son was 14 and still talks about it.

Hope y'all have a wonderful cruise!

Archived