Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle

I am doing all the planning for my inlaws Radiance cruise leaving from Vancouver on June 11. I won the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle on Priceline for two nights precruise at $84 and I'm hoping one of you wonderful Vancouverites can give me some tips to pass along. Does anyone have any thoughts on the hotel?

My inlaws are both in their 70's and will not have a car. I'm wondering if there's anything of interest right around the hotel. Also, they don't mind taxiing or taking public transit to see interesting places. Will probably go to Stanley Park and Grouse Mountain. Does the trolley pass by the Pinnacle?

Can you recommend some great dining spots. Are there any little dining places for breakfast near the hotel? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

The hotel is close to everything in the downtown area, however, walking distance to Stanley Park is probably to far. The hotel is about a 2 minute cab ride to Canada Place where several tours are available, including Horse Drawn Stanley Park tours, city tours etc. It is also close to major shopping, (Robson Street) about 4 blocks.

Will be an excellent hotel and location. :)

The price is good but I would not consider this property to be to Marriott's par. It was bought 1.5 years ago from the Delta Chain. Good location for cruising, bad location for everything else. Not close to walking anywhere, a cab will be needed for most things.

We just stayed there Memorial Day weekend prior to a cruise. We asked for a "View Room" and got one. Unfortunately, they are building new condos on the waterfront that block most of the view of Canada Place. We could see the bow of one of the three cruise ships in port. That was about it!

The hotel was nice. The staff was very eager to help and we enjoyed talking to them. It wasn't as nice as the Waterfront Fairmount or the Pan Pacific, but it served our purposes quite well.

It is only about two-three blocks from Canada Place. I would not recommend walking it however. With three ships in port it is a mess to navigate with your bags. We took a cab which cost us about $6 CDN, most of the fare was piled up because of traffic at the pier.

On another board, respondants complained about the beds being uncomfortable. We had no problem there.

we stayed at the marriot for our pre-cruise stay and loved it. there is a resturant right on the premises that is a little pricey, but the food was excellant. all of the staff was very nice and helpful. two blocks to the north of the hotel was the sea-wall for getting to stanley park and a wonderful place to grab a bite to eat of fast food and just set outside and see the activity on the bay. the front desk will tell you how to get there . it was a very easy walk. about 3 blocks to the south was robson street and a drug store where we picked up some soda for the cruise. it was a wonderful walk and very interesting too see all the different places to shop and eat. we had breakfast at the hotel because we had a early tour picking us up before the cruise. there are many eating places close to the hotel. im sorry i cant remember their names. i slept wonderfully in the bed and had a great veiw of the city. i think you and your inlaws will have a wonderful stay there. there are buses to take you too grouse mt. or you can take a ride on the skytram that is only a few blocks from the hotel for a veiw of the downtown district. a good site to get a wonderful look at the area, transportation and the city itself, go to

www.bcpassport.com. it gives a map of the city, tours, the port schedule and alll kinds of great info on where to eat and what to do. have a wonderful time. i know i did and you will too :)

your welcome goodml

the site i gave you was a tremendous help to me in my planning and what i wanted to do in vancouver. withing a few blocks of the hotel is a harbor where there is a dinner cruise that sounds very interesting. it is listed in the bcpassport site under dinner options ( i think ). i wanted to do this but i arrived in vancouver that night to do so. there is a wonderful tour group www.vancouvertours.com that has a great pre-cruise tour. it picks you up at your hotel with your luggage, takes to various parts of vancouver and then drops you off at the dock. it is a great tour group and very reasonable. i have used them twice. once for the north vancouver tour to grouse mt and then the number 5 tour i just mentioned. i really enjoy them and they are a great bunch of people who are very save and alot of fun. i hope this helps in your plans also. have a wonderful time.

Archived