Tour operator recommends? - for LAND TOUR

SteveinPhilly

We will be in Bonair in January – in port from noon to 7pm. We prefer not to book through the cruise line – smaller vans, more personal and, of course, cheaper <g>). We want to see the island and the highlights but – because we burn easily – we can go snorkeling and we don’t want another boat ride <g>. The one guidebook I got (Fodor’s) only mentions using a cab for touring.

Anyone have recommendations for half-day tour with a local operator (since in the afternoon it will be the hottest and I’m not sure we could do more than 4-5 hours? I know we can hire a taxi but I’d feel better with a recommendation.

Also, how much is there to do near the Cruise Terminal?

Thanks!

Steve

We will be in Bonair in January – in port from noon to 7pm. We prefer not to book through the cruise line – smaller vans, more personal and, of course, cheaper <g>). We want to see the island and the highlights but – because we burn easily – we can go snorkeling and we don’t want another boat ride <g>. The one guidebook I got (Fodor’s) only mentions using a cab for touring.

Anyone have recommendations for half-day tour with a local operator (since in the afternoon it will be the hottest and I’m not sure we could do more than 4-5 hours? I know we can hire a taxi but I’d feel better with a recommendation.

Thanks!

Steve

I have not been to Bonaire yet. Will be there shortly on MSC cruise starting 12/1. Booked my own tour for $25 per person (van) via Bonaire Vista Tours. Gives highlights of island-about 3 hours. I will be posting info upon my return after 12/11. But you should check out their website. Here is the link: http://www.bonairevistatours.com. Got some good reviews here on CC.

I have not been to Bonaire yet. Will be there shortly on MSC cruise starting 12/1. Booked my own tour for $25 per person (van) via Bonaire Vista Tours. Gives highlights of island-about 3 hours. I will be posting info upon my return after 12/11. But you should check out their website. Here is the link: http://www.bonairevistatours.com. Got some good reviews here on CC.

Thanks! After posting I saw that and wrote to confirm. Yes, got good reviews.

Steve

We will be taking the same tour as you on Bonaire (we are on the same cruise ship). We were there 9 years ago, but only stayed in the downtown area and then snorkeled.

Stu and Brenda

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks!

Steve

Our tour with Bonaire Vista Tours was the best!

A shopping area will be set up in a park across from the pier. We bought some nice things there.

Our tour with Bonaire Vista Tours was the best!

A shopping area will be set up in a park across from the pier. We bought some nice things there.

Just back form Poesia. Bonaire Vista Tours was great. For $25 per person you cannot go wrong. They are a lovely couple who even helped add an extra person at the last minute. Learned a lot. Saw a beautiful island. Everyone that I booked for the tour loved it. Highly recommend.

Archived