Carnival fantasy halloween 2012 cruise

karinvt

Sorry for all the posts but it is being weird with about how many pics I am posting at a time.

The people on the ship got really into the costumes. I wish I had had some more pics of the people but we were so busy with the kids. We all dressed as the Adam's Family. Here is a pic we purchased on board. It tried to scan but my scanner is not cooperating tonight either, so I took one with my phone.

481447_610969731013_1195070922_n.jpg

Pics of the people

67098_607333278493_707816262_n.jpg

This is the disco it was wall to wall kids at the Halloween party, just give you an idea of how many were out trick or treating.

387655_607333423203_97144190_n.jpg

The next day we got up and did the same routine breakfast and filled the water bottles then headed off the ship. DH and I had been to Nassau before and had planned on doing a walking tour but DH's hip and back were acting up. When we were walking down the pier the usual tourist guides were their trying to sell their tour. This time we stopped and listened. I wish I could remeber our tour guides name because he as really nice and informative.

AT first he offered us one price and I passed cause with 5 kids and 2 adults it was just too much. But then he said h understood and dropped it down to $35 per person and said Drew would be free. Best part it was going to the places we wanted t go plus some.

So we hoped in the van and started the tour. We saw the governours house, library, all the usual spots. What I really liked was that he took us away from the tourist area and showed us the upscale and impverished area of the island. I thought this was really important for the kids to see because they really take for granted the things they have, as do we at times. I cannot imagine lving without running water and such.

We stopped at the Fort and Queen's Staircase and had plenty of time to shop and grabbed some food. After this we needed to Atlantis and were given a half hour to walk around. This was way more than needed. If you do not have a day pass there is really nothing to see.

After our tour, which was about two hours he dropped us off at Junkanoo Beach. He will also bring you back to the pier if you wish but we wanted some beach time.

Here are some pics of what we saw.

316670_607333907233_1106557265_n.jpg

Gouvernors House

602480_607333977093_1160115789_n.jpg

I love the light house

599136_607334007033_1606999335_n.jpg

One of the places we stopped for pics

384331_607334161723_2009521147_n.jpg

This empy lot is for sale for $500,000

403508_607334980083_2111179456_n.jpg

View from the fort

308294_559619352583_755476210_n.jpg

Queen's Staircase

Our next stop was Junkanoo Beach. It was very rocky because of Sandy. There were people there cleaning up the beach but Sandy brought a large storm surge so there was a lot of grass and rock. Our tour guide told us they had been cleaning up since it hit but the storm surge went back several blocks. He said a few days before the main street was covered in sand. We still thought it was beautiful though and enjoyed the water.

I also wanted to mention that we did not have the vendor problems that I hear about on here. We were appraoched by one and she did braid my step-daughters hair but that was something we planned on doing anyway so no big deal. Another one approached us later and we said no and that was it.

522453_607336472093_1444023791_n.jpg

403493_607336716603_1368613681_n.jpg

314205_607336696643_1899326844_n.jpg

After this we made our way to the Straw Market. I was glad to see that it was in the same building but people are still so pushy. I also want to make everyone aware of a possible scan they have going on. I saw a lot of vendors with a bunch of necklaces on hooks. My husband reached over to look at a necklace on a group and the necklaces next to them fall over and a few pieces broke. Being honest people we agree that a few broke but I really think this is a scam two fold and here is why. I think they have them set so they will fall and break. The woman was "all you broke my necklaces and now you must pay for them all". There were a total of six pieces on the ground. The necklace had a heart in the middle and a few of the hearts broke into a few pieces. So then she starts going through the necklaces and claims that we broke over 12. This was a huge lie, there was no where near enough pieces on the ground to match up with all 12 that she claimed we broke. We really feel they put the broken necklaces on the hook and wait for someone to come by and knock them off so they can buy all of them. She wanted $120 for all the necklaces and got angry when we told her there was no way we broke them all and then we proceeded to match up the pieces to verify. She threaten to call the police and we told her to go ahead cause we were firm we did not break them all. After that she said to give her $20 and that would cover it. We did give her the $20 only because we knew two of them did break when DH knocked them off and that is what she would have got for them. But please beware. If you are coming in from the street (not the side closest to the peir but the opposite end of the building) she has the first stand on the left but I am sure others do this. So you are all for warned.

We did by a lot of stuff from other vendors.

On the way out we headed through the market to the street by the peir and there was this man painting. We bought a bunch of his stuff. He really should be charging more than he does his painting ranged from $2-$8. Drew got mad cause his brother bought the last light house painted so he painted Drew his very own while we sat there and watched.

550166_607337095843_950937368_n.jpg

He charged $3 for this. I gave him a $20 cause he looked like he really could use it.

All I have to say is I love being on a cruise ship but 4 sea days was a bit much for me. I think I could handle it on a back to back or transatlantic but it just really did feel like there was not much to do that last day. But it was probably more that reality had hit and we were leaving in the morning. This is always such a sad day.

We caught a show they had called Comedy in Motion. It was ok, DH really liked it but the jokes were corny and the comedy more slapstick and I am just not a huge fan of this.

We did manage to eat in the MDR for lunch today and it was good as always. They even had calamari, very happy about that.

We spent a lot of the day getting ready to leave and hanging out. I also insisted that all of the kids get dressed up and we get family pics done. All week they somehow seem to miss out on everyone together to get them done.

We were zone 14 when we disembarked. It was nice to wake up later and get a big breakfast before we had to make the trip back home. Before we knew it, it was time to disembark. The process was long with a lot of waiting in line.

My final thoughts:

The MDR- I prefer this for anytime we eat. I know they have some of the same food on the buffet but not usually want I want to eat. Plus I am on vacation and I want to be waited. The service was only slow on two nights. Four out of the seven dinners we had Alecksander and he was really good, another dinner we had Jose and I recommend him too. The food was always good, I was never disappointed.

The Shows- We enjoyed the main stage shows, but we always like that stuff. However, they need to get rid of the talking couch, it is just stupid. I wish we had seen more of the comedy shows.

I found all of the staff to be very friendly and never entcountered a rude staff member. My cabin steward did not have a great personality but he did his job well. He was never unfriendly but just not much of a personality. Ice bucket was always full, and picked up things he really did not have to. Like my kids mess in the next cabin, he even picked theirs clothes up off the floor. You bet he got an extra tip from us.

For everyone going, or thinking about going on the Fantasy, she may be the oldest ship but she is still a beauty. We really like her and I do not know why people somplain about the staff but then again some people just like to complain. I will for sure be sailing on her again.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Fantasy, she is my favorite ship. It also helps that it is a 3 hour drive to Charleston. We have a 7 dayer next October.

I love Cousin Itt:D! Great job on all the costumes!

Thanks, we really do like it. Being that close I would go on her as often as I could lol :D. Thanks for the comment on the costumes. Everyone really liked Cousin Itt, people kept stopping my son and asking to take pics.

Archived