Second Guessing....

vacruzer007

So I booked a 3 day Disney cruise for me, DH, and our DS who will be 18 months when we board in August.. after the cruise the rest of our families will join us for a week long stay in Orlando..

My husband and I are seasoned cruisers but this is our first Disney cruise and we are super excited!! but now I'm wondering would this be too much for our little one?

Of course he won't remember it all, but the memories we will have of his first vacation will be priceless.. but I can't help but wonder if this would be over kill

Has anyone done a itinerary similar to this with a little one?

So I booked a 3 day Disney cruise for me, DH, and our DS who will be 18 months when we board in August.. after the cruise the rest of our families will join us for a week long stay in Orlando..

My husband and I are seasoned cruisers but this is our first Disney cruise and we are super excited!! but now I'm wondering would this be too much for our little one?

Of course he won't remember it all, but the memories we will have of his first vacation will be priceless.. but I can't help but wonder if this would be over kill

Has anyone done a itinerary similar to this with a little one?

We cruised with an 18month old- It was great. We took a carnival cruise.

Just keep as much to schedule to the 18 month old and you will be great.

We took our daughter to Disneyland for the first time when she was three, and she doesn't remember it, but she still looks at the pictures and is happy about having been there. However, she is 10 now and she does wish we would take her back since she has no real memory, despite the fact that she has now been to, and has memories of going to, Disney World twice for 2 week vacations and she is about to go on her second Disney cruise.

I say if you can afford to go, then go for it especially if you can take them again in a few years.

There is absolutely nothing that compares to seeing the wonder and excitement through such young eyes especially when they are too young to realize that characters are just costumes. Someday they will appreciate the fact that you took them, and they will have pictures to look at of their own lit up face showing how much fun they had. My kids are always interested in hearing over and over what they did when they were too little to remember. It reminds them of how much they have always been loved. :)

We took our 5 kids on the 4 night when my youngest was 2. We all had a great time. He loved having his picture taken with all the charactors. Unfortunately the one thing that he did not like was the nursery. However there are many things that can be done as a family if this is the case with your son. I would think a 3 day would be a great starter cruise for him. have fun

Our 15mo loved our cruise. We are going on our 2nd cruise with her just before her second birthday. She loved the characters, beach, etc. she even paid some attention to the shows at night, but they started around bedtime and she fell asleep. We held her each night, and carried her back to bed after the show ended.

Dinners are a little long, brining something to keep them entertained is advised. Our table mates used their phone for their son and we wished we had movies to play for DD. Once the food shows up she's good to go and she liked the little shows they do each night during dinner. We will be bringing our iPad to play movies for her next time.

We also used the nursery once, for brunch. We wished we had done it more, she was quite happy to see toys and it was our last day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived