Jewel 2 night cruise from NYC??

Willowmina

I'm considering taking the family on the 2-day quick getaway on the Jewel from NY. Has anyone been on this cruise??

I've got a few questions:

- does the boat rock much in the winter NY waters?

- are there activities for the children?

- will my daughters (ages 7&9) have things to keep them entertained?

- what will the shows be?

- is the boat filled with adults wanted to gamble?

Thanks - we've never been on NCL - taking the Epic in 2014, thought it might be fun to try out NCL from NY!

I'm considering taking the family on the 2-day quick getaway on the Jewel from NY. Has anyone been on this cruise??

I've got a few questions:

- does the boat rock much in the winter NY waters? If the seas are rough, yes. If the seas are calm, no. Entirely dependent upon the current weather.

- are there activities for the children? Yes

- will my daughters (ages 7&9) have things to keep them entertained? Yes, but it remains to be seen whether or not they will enjoy what is offered, and be comfortable with the program. Every kid is different.

- what will the shows be? Some of the same shows that are offered on a 7-night, only fewer of them. No one will be able to predict what they will be.

- is the boat filled with adults wanted to gamble? Every ship is filled with adults wanting to gamble.

Thanks - we've never been on NCL - taking the Epic in 2014, thought it might be fun to try out NCL from NY!

See the red text above for individual answers. These CTNs are a lot of fun, but please don't judge the NCL experience by them. On a one or two day cruise everyone is scrambling to enjoy every possible offering, and it's a completely different experience than a longer sailing. If you choose to book, please bear that in mind. Your experience later on the Epic will be entirely different. Have a wonderful time!

Archived