Help? - Cash Deposits??

CruiseYVR

I have a client that will only settle his shipboard account with cash and is asking me with the minimum deposit is for a 7 day sailing. I have no clue and either does Princess reservations. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve

Steve, the Princess cruise answer book says that those guests settling their onboard account with cash or traveller's cheque are required to leave a deposit with the purser BUT it doesn't specify an amount. Good luck with your search

You need to call Princess again!! They can and should get this information for you. I just called Princess myself and was told the deposit amount is $300.00 per person in the the cabin. When you come close to using up the deposit you will be contacted and asked to put more cash on your account. Hope this helps.

I settled my account with cash once (because on a previous cruise, they put SO MANY "holds" on my debit card, which left me with hardly ANY access to my money for almost a WEEK after my cruise was over, and the shipboard credit had been paid in full!! So BEWARE if you are using your debit card!!!)...

The required deposit at that time was $200 per person (but I already had $200 in shipboard credit, so I only put down $200 cash)... However, as soon as you get CLOSE to that amount, they'll send you notices, and I've heard they'll de-activate your card once you are at the limit, until you put down another deposit.

Archived