Question about Price Reduction and OBC

ourcruise777

Our original cruise was cancelled by HAL and as compensation for the inconvenience, HAL gave us a choice of another cruise (which was slightly more expensive) but at the original price we had paid. HAL also gave us an OBC per person. Today, I found out in HAL web that the price for the cruise has dropped by about $350 per person. Final payment is not till Feb. If I cancel & rebook, will I lose the OBC that was given to us? What is the best thing for us to do in this situation? (We booked through HAL Australia & I think can only liaise with the HAL agent in Sydney, Aust. When I did a long-distance call to HAL in Seattle previously regarding the cancellation by HAL, they referred me back to Australia.) Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Our original cruise was cancelled by HAL and as compensation for the inconvenience, HAL gave us a choice of another cruise (which was slightly more expensive) but at the original price we had paid. HAL also gave us an OBC per person. Today, I found out in HAL web that the price for the cruise has dropped by about $350 per person. Final payment is not till Feb. If I cancel & rebook, will I lose the OBC that was given to us? What is the best thing for us to do in this situation? (We booked through HAL Australia & I think can only liaise with the HAL agent in Sydney, Aust. When I did a long-distance call to HAL in Seattle previously regarding the cancellation by HAL, they referred me back to Australia.) Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

If you're before final payment, your TA should give you the lower fare. You should be able to keep the OBC and rebooking is not required. We have recently had a similar circumstance and we got the lower fare and retained the OBC. Call your TA.

Dan

We"ve also has our fares reduced by our TA a couple of times when the price drops. We've never had to cancel and rebook, and were able to keep our OBC. Hope it turns out well for you.

We have had this happen also. You should have no problem.:D Bill

Archived