Carnival Breeze Ship Tour Review! (LONG & detailed)

4EverHis2013

Hello fellow Carnival Breeze brides (and all Carnival brides)!!

So earlier this month on December 8th, my fiance and I toured the Breeze. The 8th actually happens to be our current anniversary so it worked out perfectly for us to make a whole weekend for ourselves in Miami!! We went down that Friday. Friday night I did a trial makeup session with Aimee from chicmakeupbyaimee.com. She came to our hotel on Miami beach and did the trial right there in our room. She brought her own high makeup chair and all her supplies! She did a wonderful job and is very sweet! She's very caring and makes sure to create the look for you that YOU want and is quite patient as well. I will be booking her for my wedding day and I suggest you Miami brides check her out if you're still looking for a makeup artist!

Ok, on to the ship tour! Saturday morning we arrived at the port right at 11am and got inside to check in around 11:10(We ran a little late after stopping for breakfast, but it was no biggie at all). Checking in was quick and easy, I showed the lady the confirmation papers I received from Carnival for the tour and then she asked for our IDs, looked us up on the list and gave us our badges. Then we went up to the main guest waiting area until they called for VIP guests to board.

Once on the ship, we walked through the main lobby (which is BEAUTIFUL by the way!) and went to Guest Services and asked them to page Eva Kiss for us as I was instructed to do when I confirmed my tour. We waited maybe 5 mins and then she arrived to greet us. I am SO glad she was chosen to give us our tour because she was WONDERFUL! She asked us where we wanted to begin and I asked if we could see our cabin (since the mass crowd had not yet boarded) so that's where we went first. It was exciting seeing our cabin!

Next, she proceeded to show us the ceremony and reception areas. She first showed us the Limelight Lounge for the ceremony which we immediately loved!! The entrance is lovely (I'm going to attempt to attach the pictures from my phone) and I personally loved the feel of it for our ceremony. It was being set up for a wedding so that helped to visualize it also.I already requested it! Near the entrance to the lounge off to the left was the Piano Bar. This was also set up for a reception. I personally did NOT like this space for a reception at all. It is in between the walkway from Limelight to the night club and is too small for a reception unless you have a very small group of maybe 10-15 people that do not like to dance because there's no space for it. There's also only a few seats aside from those attached to the bar. Then we went into the nightclub which is what we have booked for our wedding!! I love it. They were setting up for a reception there also so unfortunately we didn't get to see all the purple lights on (my wedding color along with silver) but it is still a great space for a reception. Nice lights and dance floor area and plenty of seating all around and the DJ booth.

Next we were headed to see the main theater which is also a ceremony option. On the way there we walked through and saw the nice different eating areas inside and out(the marketplace, pub, sushi restaurant, Italian restaurant, steakhouse, etc.). We walked by the coffee shop area and Eva offered us a drink so she got us frappacinos on the house (you have to pay for these on the cruise)! I got the chocolate one and it was heavenly lol. Once we got to the main show theater they had the Naming Ceremony going on.

SIDENOTE: Apparently a naming ceremony is done for each new ship at its home port. They choose a 'Grandmother' (or Godmother...can't remember which it was lol) for the ship from that city and only her and her family and other higher ups in that community are invited it seems. They do lots of fun entertaining activities and the officially 'naming' of the ship and a blessing for it and all it's guests and travels.

Anywho, the grandmother for the Breeze is Tracy Mourning! She has her own foundation for young girls and does a lot of philantrhopy in the area so that's why she was chosen. So her and her husband Alonzo Mourning (for all you NBA fans like myself!) were there along with their family! We were up at top with Eva so we hung out up there watching the whole ceremony! It was great, John Heald (Carnival's head cruise director) was the host and he is hilarious! We had fun watching it and snapping pictures. At the end is when Tracy Mourning did the blessing and they popped a HUGE bottle of champagne that was actually full of confetti! After that, we headed down to where they were exiting to snap our paparazzi pics of Alonzo LOL :p

Next, we saw the conference room areas where ceremonies can be held and for us they were just okay for a wedding.Those were being set up as well. Apparently 2 or 3 weddings went on that day!

After that, Eva took us to the lido deck and asked if we had any questions and said we were free to roam around, eat and hang out until 3pm. She also said we could page her at any time if we had any questions. At this point it was close to 1pm so we had about 2 hours! We had a lovely lunch and explored different areas. There's the main pool deck, ropes course, water park, Serenity adults only area (will definitely make use of that awesome outdoor lounge area!) and other outdoor game space for playing pool, putt putt golf and a basketball court. We then went back inside and got a tour of the spa which we already decided we will be purchasing a pass for on our cruise. It's $169 per person for the whole cruise or $289 per couple for the whole cruise and unlimited use.

After that we hung out some more, just relaxing until we had to leave at 3pm . There's also a DJ booth set up in the main lobby that was playing upbeat music as the mass crowd of guests were boarding which was awesome. Overall, if you can tour this ship for your wedding I highly suggest you do so (or for any ship you're booked on!) because it will help you visualize things better and get you that much more excited like it did for us!!

Breeze brides: I've been on several Carnival Cruises and this ship's decor is so nice! Every area feels and looks bright, warm, tropical and inviting which is just the feel we wanted! I hope you can have Eva Kiss give you the tour because she was so nice, friendly and easygoing! She told us to find her and say hi when we're back there in May for our wedding! If you have any questions feel free to ask! I tried attaching a bunch of my pictures (all on my phone..emailed to myself) but for some reason my phone only emailed some and not all of them to me. I will keep trying but here are a few.

limelight.jpg.3bcf65d7421ce205ab3d1467abfc1f23.jpg

LL.jpg.573d409a4e30ebd0dbeb65a4b9a7ee77.jpg

limelightpano.jpg.b227346dd978ed1a36458db3e396cec0.jpg

liquid2.jpg.f66873b8dbb57067a36e8eea5c5eeaa9.jpg

liquid3.jpg.c8c0b5418055389ed12316cc4ec88236.jpg

liquidpano.jpg.427636a68fbd6293f743b9977cb35b8e.jpg

Woooooo Thank you sooooo much for doing this and taking pix... A Morning is from VA so I know who U are talking about.. He does alot for us :) I cant wait to get into Liquid.. and thats was real great that you got to do it on yalls current anniversary

• 3 months later...

Archived