Carnival Victory Dec. 16-23 2012 Review w/some pics

100TMaster

We are on this cruise in 4 weeks. Reading the reviews have me, on one hand, feeling a little apprehensive about it but on the other hand SO GLAD I upgraded to a Suite....If we have issues with rude co-cruisers, I'll just camp out in the room and on our own balcony when we are on the ship. We've never cruised Carnival before (BIG RCL fan) but chose this cruise because of the itinerary. THANKS a million for the review WITH pictures!!!!

lido forward balcony (Deck 9); we were room 9-28*. These are the rooms that are right by the main entertainment area on Deck 9 and next to the Atrium elevators. We had read reviews that these rooms were nice and quiet despite their proximity to the elevators. Some people said, however, that it was noisy once or twice when people didn’t close the fire-door exit at the end of the hallway which opens directly to the party deck. THIS ROOM WAS NOISY AS HELL, and I sleep like a rock.

So here is how it went down; our first introduction to our stateroom:

The Fire-Door: man this thing was awful. When people open it to get to the Lido party deck, the thing doesn’t close, it stays open, and it you hear the partying all night long. I must have gotten up every night 3-4 times closing this stupid door behind people who were going to back to their rooms so we could sleep in peace. Once the door was closed, it was peacefully quiet. I don’t know why the door doesn’t close automatically. There is a picture below of the door.

Stateroom Service: we had Henry. Really hardworking, nice guy. Greeted us by name every day/night. Made us fantastic towel animals; always turned down the bed; made crappy stateroom choice slide out of mind. Good job Henry!

/quote]I agree--the location is convenient, but if one does not have a fire door shut you hear the lido everytime the sliding glass doors open. We found our cabin (second from fire door) actually quieter than ones near elevators as noise funneled down middle.

I'm considering Victory for an October sailing, so really enjoying another good review of her!

Buffet and “Specialty Windows”

On the starboard side is the Asian “specialty window.” I really have nothing good to say about the food served here so I’m simply not going to.

Was this the "Mongolian Wok" station, or was it a sushi station, or was it something else? I'm curious if you downrated it because you didn't like the style of food, didn't like the taste (but normally eat that style), or the line was too long.

I'm getting nervous here about the "rude" passengers. You are about the 3rd review I recently read about that and I'm sailing out of SJ in 2014. I want the itinerary but now 2nd guessing this. I'm sailing after the holidays so I'm thinking it may be off season so not a sold out ship.

I'm on the Valor though but in a forward balcony on the Lido.

Not sure about this trip at all now :(. Maybe your review of the ports will help me keep my plans.

Archived