Auckland bag storage with airport transport

We are arriving in Auckland on the Silver Shadow January 18th, 2013. We have booked the Novatel at the Airport for a 6:30am flight on the 19th. Would liek to see Auckland but we're really not the tour type.

Any ideas on how to store bags...see the city and then transport to the airport? We'll have three large bags from a 20 say trip so a locker is probably not an option

Book at the Stamford [5 star]. It is walking distance from the dock, or a smallish fare on a taxi. Check your bags and either have the concierge book a tour for you or walk back to the dock and head out to either the islands or the Explorer Bus.

It is less than a half an hour to the airport and fixed fare. Also the restaurant choices in walking distance are pretty diverse in the CBD.

I doubt you will find something bigger than a locker available around the dock. The Auckland airport is smallish and the Kiwis are very good at checking you in quickly.

Book at the Stamford [5 star]. It is walking distance from the dock, or a smallish fare on a taxi. Check your bags and either have the concierge book a tour for you or walk back to the dock and head out to either the islands or the Explorer Bus.

It is less than a half an hour to the airport and fixed fare. Also the restaurant choices in walking distance are pretty diverse in the CBD.

I doubt you will find something bigger than a locker available around the dock. The Auckland airport is smallish and the Kiwis are very good at checking you in quickly.

Its a fixed fare to the airport?????

I think that's news to me and pretty much all Aucklanders.

Are you talking about the bus and not a taxi?

As for half hour. Once again I wouldn't be betting on that in peak hour.

I know you said no lockers, but at the Britomart Station across the road from the dock, there are some HUGE lockers. We fit two full size suitcases in one locker, along with some hand luggage. The airport bus leaves every 10-15 minutes from out the front.

I know you said no lockers, but at the Britomart Station across the road from the dock, there are some HUGE lockers. We fit two full size suitcases in one locker, along with some hand luggage. The airport bus leaves every 10-15 minutes from out the front.

I second Ceejay. Britomart station on a lower level has luggage lockers.

http://www.aucklandtransport.govt.nz/public-transport/britomarttransportcentre/Pages/default.aspx

Only a short walk from the Cruise terminal (about 10 minutes max) although may seem longer with luggage.

On the journey to the airport - I saw someone in another post (a Roll Call for a cruise leaving Auckland in a couple of days so the info is current) that a taxi from the airport to downtown cost NZ$80 and took 25 minutes - and that was at 9.30pm at night. So obviously if it was peak hour would likely cost more as you could be stuck in traffic on the main roads or motorway.

There is an airport bus as mentioned that leaves very regular (sometimes 10 minutes apart depending on time of day and actually day).

http://www.airbus.co.nz

Given the time of day your flight is (early morning) I actually think its a good idea staying at the airport. You will have to be up early as it is without having to get up another hour or hour and a half earlier to get from downtown to the airport.

Its a fixed fare to the airport?????

I think that's news to me and pretty much all Aucklanders.

Are you talking about the bus and not a taxi?

As for half hour. Once again I wouldn't be betting on that in peak hour.

NZ$ 62.00 [uS$ 50.00] The doorman told us and showed us the small print written in the taxi. It might be from CBD hotels to airport though. I did not read through all the fare rules.

----

Took us about 25 minutes from the Stamford to the airport.

Rush hour everywhere in the world means "walking may prove to be faster, jogging guaranteed."

Archived