Transporation from Orlando to Port Canaveral

LovetoKruz

Hi! I am taking a cruise in February and am curious if anyone has any money saving ideas on transportation to and from the AP? I was thinking of something cheaper than the cruise line. I have heard of families renting cars one way (about $25 total) and then dropping off at the car rental place. I was told the rental place would then take you to the port. Has anyone ever done this? There are 3 of us traveling together.

Any thrifty ideas/suggestions appreciated!

Thanks Montekrat! What did you do about the return trip - will Budget pick you up at the port to rent a car?

Yes, you can get a shuttle back over to Budget to pick up a car for a one-way trip. Sometimes, we just take the ship's shuttle back to Orlando if we have an early flight to be sure we get there on time.

2006 we cruised out of Orlando. Used a private company (1 guy company). He was a retired guy that did this to supplement his income and stay busy. He picked us up at the airport, took us to a liquor store, a grocery store and then the hotel. Our hotel was near the pier and at the time there wasn't much around there but other hotels. No sidewalks to walk to anything.

We didn't want to mess around w/a rental car primarily b/c there was no where really close to drop it back off near our hotel and no one wanted to stress out about getting on and off the freeway at the right spot without getting lost.

I am not sure if I am allowed to post his info here or not but I will try and if they block it you can email me and I will give it to you. Price was reasonable and he was a great guy. David Korgan 407-920-6326; ekorgan2@aol.com

Archived