ultimate drink card specifics

ginka

I know the Ultimate drink card has been discussed quite a bit but with a search I couldnt find the answer to a couple questions, so please bare with me if it is out there somewhere...

1. does the card have to purchased the first day of the cruise. I see the price is 7.00 (I believe) a day for the length of the cruise, but could you wait and purchase it until day 4, and if so, would you then just be charged the 7.00 a day for the remainder of the cruise?

2. If you have a shipboard credit, can it be used to purchase the drink card?

3. do they limit the number of mocktails or milkshakes at all, or if one were very determined, could that sit around the pool drinking mocktail after mocktail?

4. Hot chocolate is included in the ultimate drink card, but what about chocolate milk?

thanks!!

I know the Ultimate drink card has been discussed quite a bit but with a search I couldnt find the answer to a couple questions, so please bare with me if it is out there somewhere...

1. does the card have to purchased the first day of the cruise. I see the price is 7.00 (I believe) a day for the length of the cruise, but could you wait and purchase it until day 4, and if so, would you then just be charged the 7.00 a day for the remainder of the cruise?

You are charged the daily rate for the entire length of your cruise whether you purchase the sticker from the very first bar staff you see or at a later time. *If you do purchase before sailaway, check your folio to make sure they only charged the daily rate + 15% gratuity and not local sales tax which they are now required to add to beverage sales while in US waters. (They should wait until after sailaway to post the charge to your shipboard account)

2. If you have a shipboard credit, can it be used to purchase the drink card? Absolutely!

3. do they limit the number of mocktails or milkshakes at all, or if one were very determined, could that sit around the pool drinking mocktail after mocktail? The only limit is one drink at a time per card. You are free to order drink after drink until the inevitable sugar crash renders you unable to raise your arm to summon a server :rolleyes:

4. Hot chocolate is included in the ultimate drink card, but what about chocolate milk? You got me with this one. Milk is now in pitchers in the HC rather than individual cartons so I have no idea how chocolate milk is found onboard.

thanks!!

See above in red. Enjoy!

1) No idea. I got mine the first day.

2) Yes it can. Your credits are applied to your onboard account and expenses (bar, gratuity, etc.) are deducted from it, then your credit card will be charged when the credit's been expended.

3) I drank to my heart's content.

4) No idea being that I'm lactose intolerant. FYI: the chocobanana claims to be made with coconut milk, but it's actually made with heavy cream. It's cream, chocolate syrup, ice, and banana. Worst case, you can order a chocobanana, no ice, no banana :)

Edit: You could also try a chocolate milkshake, hold the ice cream

thank you fishywood for the quick and valuable reply! So obviously it is best to get the card soon so you can take full advantage of what you will be charged for anyway!

Loved your senario about the sugar rush! lol:)

I read somewhere that milk is provided, but you were charged for chocolate milk unless you were a kid. Dont really drink a lot of chocolate milk until I am told that i CANT have it, and then of course it sounds delicious! Guess I will find out the first time I try to order it!

4) No idea being that I'm lactose intolerant. FYI: the chocobanana claims to be made with coconut milk, but it's actually made with heavy cream. It's cream, chocolate syrup, ice, and banana. Worst case, you can order a chocobanana, no ice, no banana :)

lol! that would work !! :)

Archived