Oceania vs Seabourn?

lahore

Yes we are off topic, but perhaps we'll be forgiven. I would love to hear more about it when you get back: we are planning something similar (although A&K out of our price range) but palace hotels and glamping might be possible. We always try get the lifestyle without paying for it :o. We stayed at the Imperial in Delhi which is just sublime, I hope you get to stay there but if you don't you must visit it (Colonial place where Moutbatten often met with Ghandi, Nheru et al and ...oh so much history). Hey do you have Facebook?

Yes we are off topic, but perhaps we'll be forgiven. I would love to hear more about it when you get back: we are planning something similar (although A&K out of our price range) but palace hotels and glamping might be possible. We always try get the lifestyle without paying for it :o. We stayed at the Imperial in Delhi which is just sublime, I hope you get to stay there but if you don't you must visit it (Colonial place where Moutbatten often met with Ghandi, Nheru et al and ...oh so much history). Hey do you have Facebook?

Yes we are indeed staying at the Imperial (looks great) - and all the other usual suspects in the world of palace hotels. Check out Chhatra Sagar (Google it) for the glamping thing - had never heard of it before A & K brochure, now can hardly wait. Actually I did look first at putting a trip together myself and it is feasible; staying in the heritage hotels (less expensive too when slightly out of season) and arranging own transport (definitely less expensive without the middleman). However since it was last-minute - and high season to boot - we went with A & K, knowing we were paying for the convenience. (He's only turning 70 once, right?) We are saving by flying economy to and from Oz - with a night or two in Singapore coming and going to break the journey.

Sorry I am not on Facebook...bit of a Luddite there...however D is and I can send you some feedback on the heritage hotels - and if we thought they were worth it - when we get back ...

Hi again Emma. For fear of moving this thread onto discussions about INdia, I have sent you a 'friend request'. I would like to share some photos with you. Also, I strongly suggest the book 'Indian Summer' by Alex Von Tunzelmann. I read it while at the Imperial and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Archived