Royal Romance with RCCL

mailmama

You can tier the cake. We had a 3 tier cake and my wife had a cake our own personal cake topper. About 30 days out is when all the details are pretty much set. I mostly did all the planning due to my wife's work schedule and was at first skeptical that all the planning was done so close to the day, but it all worked out.

Here is a photo of our cake

8391444436_986c02ab16.jpg

PT1_9415-359 by leonel.tarectecan, on Flickr

Youre cake is beautiful! I am so very very excited! Any words of advise. Anything you wish you knew?

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

We plan on getting married on the Allure in March 2014...

We are going to have a week on the Allure as the wedding ship then have a transatlantic cruise back to the UK as our honeymoon.

We are just waiting on the TA cruise dates coming up so that we can get everything locked down and organised! Hopefully should be 3 weeks max and then I will be going into a organising frenzy!!

So............. im loving it that a few of you are have decided as the Allure as your wedding ship...

It means we can hit each other back and forth with some tips and share experiences....

I think we are going to have a party of 10 on our wedding ship....

Everyone of our friends are seasoned cruisers so im sneakily thinking that they are loving the fact that we want to get married on the Allure as none of them have sailed on her yet.

We have sailed on the Oasis in 2010 and im loving reading all the reviews about the ship... im noticing a lot of new things that are different to the Oasis!

I cannot wait to get on the ship!! :)

How are your plans coming along with organising your dresses etc...

Looking forward to chatting with you all and counting down till your big day!!

x:)

• 1 month later...

hi everyone,

sooo we booked our wedding and honeymoon cruise last week.

getting married on the allure in April 2014 as the ta is not until the start of May.

the uk royal romance team have been quick with replies to my emails, they have confirmed that we can get married in the Bahamas and have now passed the wedding details over to the miami team to contact me.

still no contact from miami team. ive asked the uk team to look into it as the US team were supposed to contact me over a week ago.

can I ask what was included in your wedding package?

it looks as tho its only flowers for both of us, vow ceremony, small cake and 30 photos. .. however the package cost is nearly $3000... do you get a reception room to have some time with your guests after the wedding?

we are going to organise dinner at a speciality restaurant for later but just wanted to know what happened straight after your wedding

we are only having a small wedding with six of our friends joining us..

Congrats!

The package has changed since I booked my wedding. But the cost of the wedding does not include the reception. For the reception you pay per person and have a choice of different menus with varying price. If you go to RCCL and search weddings you will find the brochure. Or send me an email and I can forward you mine. Just keep in mind it has the old packages and old prices. fldogmassage@ymail.com

I have not booked my reception yet. I have 25 people coming and we are going with the lunch buffet and bar service. I want the two hour reception but that one says it may not be a private reception. I am not going to bring anything else. I was thinking about a cake topper but I want to keep things simple. I hope I can tier the cake.

I am also taking the train off my dress, I am not even bustling it.

I was told we will talk about details I forgot if it was 45 or 30 days out. I will keep you posted. If you want you can email me and we can keep each other posted. fldogmassage@ymail.com

There are so few rccl brides it is nice to have someone to talk with.

Cruising is my favorite way to vacation. The muster drills used to be uncomfortable. You would stand outside smooched together with everyone else, sweating with your life vest. Now they are done inside and sitting. people coming on the cruise will be in shorts, so I will be over dressed but it is my wedding. There is not a problem to wear what you want. It is just what you are comfortable in.

Hello!

Why would the reception not to be private? If i pay 66 dollars per person it better be private! Can you let me know you should be getting you finale call soon!

Thanks!

megan

Hello!

Why would the reception not to be private? If i pay 66 dollars per person it better be private! Can you let me know you should be getting you finale call soon!

Thanks!

megan

I will keep everyone posted on my progress. There were 3 choices and one said my not be in a private venue. We actually did not pick that one. What does your brochure say? I know there is a new one since we booked.

Hi Megan,

The old reception brochure said the wedding receptions were not private unless you paid for additional hours of bar service above the lunch and bar service. Can I ask what would you get for $66 a person? That cost does not add up to any of the brochure fees I have on my original brochure when I booked my wedding last year. Mine is in June. I have called RCCL and apparently my wedding planner no longer works there, no one bothered to call me! I will contact them again next week. I have not gotten a call to inform me of a new planner yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Megan,

The old reception brochure said the wedding receptions were not private unless you paid for additional hours of bar service above the lunch and bar service. Can I ask what would you get for $66 a person? That cost does not add up to any of the brochure fees I have on my original brochure when I booked my wedding last year. Mine is in June. I have called RCCL and apparently my wedding planner no longer works there, no one bothered to call me! I will contact them again next week. I have not gotten a call to inform me of a new planner yet.

Well I was thinking of doing the hors de ? Reception which is 33 dollars an hour which would be 66 dollars for two hours.

Hi Megan,

I have found a loop hole! You can book one hour reception and second hour just open bar which will give you the two hour reception for less price per person!!! so excited! lol

• 3 weeks later...

There you go lightskingal, you can have a two hour reception then for a little less money! Good for you! Does anyone know the food comparison between the lunch buffet and the hors de? Would be less, of course, but by how much and is quality different?

Archived