Zydecocruiser's Carnival Conquest Fun Ship 2.0 Photo Review

Sargent_Schultz

I thought I would only have 1 burger from Guy's, take a few pictures, and move on. That's what I thought. But it was so good I have several more during the week.

As much as I wanted a second one right after the first, I froced myself to move on and check out the new pizza.

DSC_0684_DxO.jpg

DSC_0692_DxO.jpg

The first was Pizza Margherita. The appearance seemed strange, but tasted fine.

DSC_0685_DxO.jpg

We love thin crust

DSC_0687_DxO.jpg

DSC_0688_DxO.jpg

not super stringy, but did have potential

DSC_0689_DxO.jpg

I didn't want to over do it for embarkation lunch, so decided on a little dessert. I thought I had heard good things about the strawberry pops but must have thought wrong. They were okay and the chocolate thing was pretty good. How can you go wrong with chocolate?

DSC_0653_DxO.jpg

DSC_0697_DxO.jpg

DSC_0698_DxO.jpg

DSC_0699_DxO.jpg

DSC_0702_DxO.jpg

Thanks Sarge for the great reviews and awesome photos, your review of the Dream and photos of the Cove balcony made us want to try a Cove, we did and it was great, we have a cruise booked on the Conquest in Nov. 2013, now you have got us excited about the Conquest, keep it up.

Love the review so far. CQ was one of my best cruises so good we did it twice in 2002 & 2006. I have enjoyed the old and new photo's it gives perspective. I am looking forward to your Sunshine trip, do you have any old Destiny shots to compare? Destiny was my "first" so special memories.

I may have missed it, what did they do with the old fish -n- chips food station on the level above the lido restaurant? Still there or something else.

Bill

Thanks Sarge for the great reviews and awesome photos, your review of the Dream and photos of the Cove balcony made us want to try a Cove, we did and it was great, we have a cruise booked on the Conquest in Nov. 2013, now you have got us excited about the Conquest, keep it up.

You're welcome and thank you! Enjoy!

Great pic's - i am going on 1/13. Did you happen to play bingo? If so do they do dobbers or punch cards?

Thanks

Thank you. Sorry - I don't do bingo, but they certainly have it. It is a revenue generator for the cruise lines.

Oh - last time i did play i would say punch cards.

Edited by Sargent_Schultz

Great Pics!!!

Thank you.

Love the review so far. CQ was one of my best cruises so good we did it twice in 2002 & 2006. I have enjoyed the old and new photo's it gives perspective. I am looking forward to your Sunshine trip, do you have any old Destiny shots to compare? Destiny was my "first" so special memories.

I may have missed it, what did they do with the old fish -n- chips food station on the level above the lido restaurant? Still there or something else.

Bill

Thank you.

I've been on Destiny and have a few old pictures that I'm going to try to get the same angle.

Fish and Chips is still there. It is one of the reasons I look forward to cruising on Conquest Class ships. This cruise, I was so busy enjoying the new food that I didn't eat once at my old favorite.

A couple of mementos they have on display on Conquest

DSC_0908_DxO.jpg

DSC_0909_DxO.jpg

And fear not, Fish and Chips is still there, but no longer named Sur Mer on Carnival Conquest

DSC_2308_DxO.jpg

Those pics of Guys burger made my mouth water. I ate them every day. I thought they were one of the best food options on the ship. I also liked the new pizza much better. One of the extra toppers that you could put on the pizza was a roasted garlic sprinkle and it was great.

Those pics of Guys burger made my mouth water. I ate them every day. I thought they were one of the best food options on the ship. I also liked the new pizza much better. One of the extra toppers that you could put on the pizza was a roasted garlic sprinkle and it was great.

They are great, aren't they?

The new pizza is definitely better.

Loving your review. We leave in 5 days. Can't wait to see pics from the taste bar. First stop deanie's then on to the conquest. Love leaving from Nola. We just got off in sept and looking forward to familiar faces and a improved ship

Thank you. Guess I'll jump around to make sure to get to the Taste Bar.

Deanie's Deanie's Deanie's

P1100902.JPG

DSC_0864.JPG