Need help with excursions Bahamas

dyson

Hiya all

We are starting the planning period of our cruise in May 5th

We will be on the Conquest going to

Key West, FLFreeport, The BahamasNassau, The Bahamas

In Hawaii we used Roberts of hawaii and they were able to save us quite a bit

Is there a group like that for the Bahamas?

can you recommend someone?

we will have three adults at least maybe more one 18 one 12 and one 9

we all love zoos and history and snorkeling

So we are good with anything but the dune buggies..

Hi, just got off this one couple months ago. In Nassau we did the aquarium first thing at Atlantis 40 dollars per person. That took roughly 2 hours. Walked out Atlantis told cabbie we wanted to go off the beaten path see the non touristy areas. He said wait here and came back and introduced us to a man who drove a van said he would be our bodygard/guide. He took us on a tour of the island showed us different areas then brought us to Goldies to eat. The food was so good. We went out back at Goldies theres a guy pulling conch out of shells be sure check that out. The guide never left our side made us feel totally safe. I got his business card told him i would be back next year. I have his info if this is the route you decide to go. I highly recommend him and he can cater to what ever yall want.

Hiya all

I would recommend the Bahamas and Key West sections in the Ports of Call section of Cruise Critic for recommendations.

In Nassau, there is a lot of history that you can tour on your own. Victoria's Staircase, Fort Fincastle and the lighthouse are within walking distance from the pier. I would also recommend Ardastra Gardens and Zoo. They have a marching flamingo show that is very interesting. You can get to Ardastra Gardens by taking the #10 Jitney (bus) for around $1.25 a person each way, from downtown. There is also a pirate museum, both fun and interesting.

In Freeport, I would recommend Lucayan National Park as a nice place for snorkeling.

You can buy a day pass to be able to visit different museums in Key West, such as Hemingway's house, Truman's Little White House and Mel Fisher's.

I will be visiting Key West and the Bahamas in December on the Sunshine and the itinerary you have on the Conquest is one of my favorites. Hope you have a great cruise!

I would recommend the Bahamas and Key West sections in the Ports of Call section of Cruise Critic for recommendations.

In Nassau, there is a lot of history that you can tour on your own. Victoria's Staircase, Fort Fincastle and the lighthouse are within walking distance from the pier. I would also recommend Ardastra Gardens and Zoo. They have a marching flamingo show that is very interesting. You can get to Ardastra Gardens by taking the #10 Jitney (bus) for around $1.25 a person each way, from downtown. There is also a pirate museum, both fun and interesting.

In Freeport, I would recommend Lucayan National Park as a nice place for snorkeling.

You can buy a day pass to be able to visit different museums in Key West, such as Hemingway's house, Truman's Little White House and Mel Fisher's.

I will be visiting Key West and the Bahamas in December on the Sunshine and the itinerary you have on the Conquest is one of my favorites. Hope you have a great cruise!

I agree about the Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.

http://ardastra.com/

It is a small zoo, but still interesting. As the previous poster said, they have a Flamingo show. You can also hand feed the Lory parrots which suck the pulp out of apples.

For the children there is also the pirate museum which is near where you catch the public van to Adastra.

http://pirates-of-nassau.com/

Walk to junkanoo beach. Have a cocktail. Continue down the beach to fish fry. Twin brothers for lunch. Snag the #10 jitney ($1.25) talk to the driver and get a nice tour. Enjoy! There are many pics in the dec. 2012 review in me signature. Tons of fun.

Hiya all

We were in the Bahamas last May and had a great time, especially in Freeport. Check out the threads in the Port of Call forum/Bahamas and seek the advice of Scubagirrl. She's the best!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Archived