Hotel recommendations for 1 night after a cruise

YaWk3Y_BoMb3r

...in OSJ. Here's the thing, we want to stay one night in Old San Juan after our cruise but we're unsure which hotel to choose. All we want to do is explore OSJ, the forts, eat at a unique restaurant or two, or anything else notable before flying home. I guess the only "chain" hotel in OSJ is the Sheraton, but we would like to get one cheaper (the best rate I could find is $220/night after taxes and fees for June2, 13). We sort of feel like we know what we're getting with the Sheraton bc it's a chain; it's a safe choice. But a lot of the other boutique hotels are much cheaper.

We want clean, convenient, but we aren't into "luxury". We are not usually Sheraton or Marriott kind of people, we are usually Holiday Express kind of people. :)

Do you guys have recommendations for safe, clean hotels we could consider in the $100-150 range? One that sort of caught my eye was Hotel Milano, but I'm looking for all suggestions. If we cant decide, we're probably gonna just go with the Sheraton. Thanks for y'all's help!

I would suggest you do what I am currently doing in looking for one night.... go through all the posts marking down the hotels people are booking. then go to a site where you can view them all and sort by rank or price. it helps to see what others have booked to get a feel whether it was acceptable or not.. good luck - come back and let us know what you decide!

We're going to book Posada San Francisco. It's a hostel but the private rooms with shared bath are less than $60/night and it has great reviews. We're young and have travelled in similar accomodations through Europe and even with our kids. It's in Old San Juan which is where we really want to stay and it gives us some extra money for an extra night and some fun.

http://www.dahousehotelpr.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147320-d639686-Reviews-Da_House_Hotel-San_Juan_Puerto_Rico.html

First link is the website for Da House and the second link is the trip advisor for Da House.

This is a boutique hotel located over the Nuyorican Cafe. They play salsa and jazz (on different nights) and is right in the heart of Old San Juan.

Some say it is loud - others say not.

For June 2 they quoted from $80.00 to $120.00

Hope this helps !

Archived