Private Party with Open Bar

Mizzouaholic

I didnt want to have to chase people for money during the cruise so I had cutoff a month before but still had a large crowd of 65 people.

BTW they will count heads during the party so if you have more than you said they will add it to your sign and sail card.

To prevent this I made sure that everyone coming into the room signed in and wore wrist bands.

Several people in the roll call actually threatened to crash. So I had two people at all times at the door of the piano bar to prevent this.

Doing research on hosting one for my Roll Call. I've seen some groups get wrist bands for those who have paid. I'm wondering if the waitstaff/bartenders will watch for those so you wouldn't have to have someone sit at the door. I'd hate to have to sit there at the front door while everyone else had fun :(.

Doing research on hosting one for my Roll Call. I've seen some groups get wrist bands for those who have paid. I'm wondering if the waitstaff/bartenders will watch for those so you wouldn't have to have someone sit at the door. I'd hate to have to sit there at the front door while everyone else had fun :(.

Dont count on them watching for you. They are normally busy serving drinks. We had a large group of 65 but with 5 servers never a wait for drinks.

Price was $ 11.44 for one hour and I rounded it up to 12 to give extra tips to servers.

More work than I expected and would do it for small group but not for such a large one again.

Oops - that had to be pretty embarrassing for someone!

Kevin C

Actually that person was paying for another couple so two bounced. She did make good on the bank charges though.

Key is to make sure you have all funds collected before you get on the ship and have people watch the door.

We sure got our moneys worth.

A fellow cruiser planned a private party we found out about through the roll call - November 8th sailing of Elation. User name nickrokicki. It was $20 and don't know all the details, but it was great! We were able to order several drinks at a time, pretty much whatever you wanted. Noticed a server with a tray of drinks (something pre-aranged perhaps) and some dry snacks as mentioned. No one went thirsty and it was a good way to meet more people. Here's a pic of the fun.

IMG_2598.jpg.6cf54cffcc69c32d3f386bcc9861fd7e.jpg

Archived