Private Greece Tours - Athens Tour!

OhioGirl

We sailed on the Celebrity Equinox in November 2012. I reserved a mini-bus for the two of us, plus 10 others from CruiseCritic rollcall. Nikos was very professional, giving me ideas of what would be available to see in Athens. I couldn't have been more pleased with our tour...Nikos sent me in detail on how to find our driver/guide the day we arrived...and sure enough, Nicholas was waiting there for us with a sign and away we went...(he said he appreicated us getting off the ship so quickly - so that we could be one of the first groups to the Acropolis.) When we got to the sight, he handed me a cellphone with his number programed so when our group was ready he would be right there to pick us up...we had more than enough time there..and he was right as we headed back to the mini-bus there were hundreds of passengers from the cruise ships making their way to the sight..so thankful Nicholas got us there before that mess!

Nicholas then took us to the Parliment House to watch the changing of the guards..and then showed us some other sights as we made our way to the Olympic Stadium (giving us plenty of time to take pictures) We then headed to the Temple of Zeus and up the mountain to get some breathtaking pictures of the city of Athens. Nicholas then took us to the Anicent Market where we were able to see the ruins and/or get something to eat..we ate a Maiandros (wonderful food, great drinks...very nice waitstaff). When we were finished there our tour ended at the National Archaeological Museum..had about an hour or so there, plenty of time to enjoy their treasures!

We had the best tour and tour guide, we couldn't have had a better day in Athens...our only regret was that it was over so quickly. It was so nice having Nicholas as our guide, he loves his city and made us love it too! I would highly recommend using Private Greece Tours.

Archived