Splendor - CCL Official Letter with itinerary change

QTPieRye

Where were you Cuizer?!?!? I went to the aft bar after the safety drill with my blue signs and yelled "Anyone here from CruiseCritic".. they all looked at me like I was a complete idiot! I did meet Terry from San Diego who had a large group of 60 from CC and we chatted briefly! Wish we would have met up with ya! We spent most of our evenings singing karaoke and then in the disco later. Overall we had a great cruise, not our favorite either. Didn't care much for the cruise director... overall felt like the crew was over Mexico and ready for Hawaii. I will never book an extended aft balcony again... the shutter was horrible and loud the entire week and the music from the Morocco Lounge vibrated the entire cabin! LOL. You live and learn. I am going to write a full review.... but did miss ya!

P.S. We are already booked on the Liberty for next January... time for a change of scenery :)

I was on the port side, so we got released after the starboard side was released. I went straight to the aft lido deck. I had on both the blue CC shirt and the beads.

I was also there at 10am the next day, again with my blue shirt and beads.

Did you see anyone with a DSLR taking pictures - that was me. As to hearing, I don't hear as good as I used to. With that wind I would not have heard you yell.

I had aft facing balconies before. You have to check what is above and below you. Best to have cabins above and below you.

I felt the vibration when eating in the aft dining room (Gold Pearl). My cabin was near the front, so that I had easy access to the forward observation deck.

My review is not done yet, and I still have to review the pictures. Will post it soon.

Most of the ships go east? Not very far they don't. There is a very big land mass in the way. I think it is called North America. South, north or west are the directions of choice.

Now I know what that big thing was that went by my house in Azusa !!!! I thought it was a Rose Bowl float ---- Silly me !!!!:p;)

Now I know what that big thing was that went by my house in Azusa !!!! I thought it was a Rose Bowl float ---- Silly me !!!!:p;)

The ships go south to Catalina then either turn right to San peso (west) then to Alaska/Hawaii or Left (east) around Catalina then turn south along the coast to Mexico. They all come East from the CA coast follow the Horizon in front of Catalina then come forward though the harbor and my condo. They turn around and back into LB harbor

Where were you Cuizer?!?!? I went to the aft bar after the safety drill with my blue signs and yelled "Anyone here from CruiseCritic".. they all looked at me like I was a complete idiot! I did meet Terry from San Diego who had a large group of 60 from CC and we chatted briefly! Wish we would have met up with ya! We spent most of our evenings singing karaoke and then in the disco later. Overall we had a great cruise, not our favorite either. Didn't care much for the cruise director... overall felt like the crew was over Mexico and ready for Hawaii. I will never book an extended aft balcony again... the shutter was horrible and loud the entire week and the music from the Morocco Lounge vibrated the entire cabin! LOL. You live and learn. I am going to write a full review.... but did miss ya!

P.S. We are already booked on the Liberty for next January... time for a change of scenery :)

I had to laugh at this.

My last cruise, we had a M&G scheduled at a specific time and place. I went up there, and wondered, "how do I know who's from CC". "What do CC people actually look like?"

So I eventually left. During the week, I did have people come up to me asking if I were Mr. Pete, but I did find out no one went to the M&G.

The ships go south to Catalina then either turn right to San peso (west) then to Alaska/Hawaii or Left (east) around Catalina then turn south along the coast to Mexico. They all come East from the CA coast follow the Horizon in front of Catalina then come forward though the harbor and my condo. They turn around and back into LB harbor

The ships do travel East to get into the harbor, but your original statement was concerning ships leaving LB harbor.

Archived