Any advice on how I can change/improve this plan for my first cruise to Alaska?

Sanjuro

Wow! Such great advice that it makes me MORE confused about what to do LOL. I think I will extend the train trip at Skagway based on several of your recommendations (maybe the bus and train combo). Also, the whale watching thing is killing me. That or Tracy Arm out of Juneau were already the ones I was struggling the most over. I tried to justify Tracy Arm with this idea that we MIGHT see whales en route.

I hear incredibly different opinions about Glacier Bay vs Tracy Arm. I've heard Glacier Bay is "definitely better" than Tracy Arm, but I've also heard Tracy Arm is "easily superior" to Glacier Bay! Why oh why can't everyone agree and make my life easier, haha.

alaska is made that way too make you come back ;). i have been to both glacier bay and tracy arm and i must say the glacier is magnificient. also they are getting smaller due too the global warming. too get too the glacier ( if i recall ) you will go through land on both sides. a whale watching tour is a must. they are awesome creatures too see and should not be missed. there is no gurentee you will see them close up on the ship. so my suggestions are--whale watching in juneau, a floatplane tour in ketchikan ( milchele with island wings is wonderful ) and a longer tour in skagway up too the summet/yukon and the train ride. have a wonderful time. it is going too be a fabulous cruise for you.

Archived