Wine Package 0n Costa

Linda-B

:) Quote:

Originally Posted by twojays

Can anyone tell me if we purchase a wine package online before we cruise (we are going on a Costa cruise, and the package consists of 6 bottles of wine and 10 bottles of mineral water) will we be able to have a bottle of wine at any time - or only with our evening meals?

And if we dont drink a whole bottle, will they save it for us until next day, or do we take it with us to our cabin?

And if I wanted a bottle of water at some time during the day, other than at a meal time, would I be able to get one of the ones that we had already paid for?

This will be our first cruise, so I'm not sure how it works.

Any replies appreciated.

I loved the wine package on Costa. Either package is good. Ordering online saves $$$. You get coupons for the wines and waters in the package. You can redeem the coupons in any restaurant or bar. You can drink the wines and waters anywhere, breakfast, lunch or dinner. If you don't finish a bottle of wine at dinner your waiter will save it till the next night if that is what you wish. The water too can be consumed at any time . We sometimes brought one with us on an excursion. I never brought one of the wines from my room to the restaurant but I don't think you will be charged a corkage fee as they know which wines are in the packages. I know you will enjoy your cruise as much as we did.

Linda-B ,

Thanks for you message - I was under the impression that the bottles would all be delivered to our cabin - but you say that you get coupons, and then you could take one with you to redeem it for a bottle in one of the restaurants or bars whenever you want?

That seems quite easy.

Can you tell me if there is a fridge in the cabin please?

Twojays, we folded up the coupons (which were delivered to us on the first night at dinner) and I kept them in my purse, this way we could try to choose the wine depending on what we were eating. We had water with lunch sometimes and dinner at others. I thought it was good value.

Thanks Jo42 - sounds like a good idea to take the coupons with you at meal-times. I'll get ordering the package soon. You reckon it was better value than just purchasing the wine as and when you want it?

twojays:

Just to put in my two cents about the wine package as well... You'll find some very good Italian wines on there and both the reds and the whites are very enjoyable.

If you do not finish the entire bottle during dinner, your waiter will cork it and keep it for you until the next evening, at which - when you arrive at your table - you'll find your wine again.

On the other hand, if you rather finish the bottle in your cabin after dinner or late night on your balcony, you may also take the bottle back to your room.

We really enjoyed the Portuguese Rose Wine they serve... nice flavor and really good dinner wine, which goes with pretty much every meal. But I don't think that particular wine was offered in any package.

One more tip:

If you are celebrating a special occasion on board or if you simply like to treat yourself with an extra-ordinary culinary event, make a reservation at Club Medusa. Yes you have to pay $ 20 per person, but it is truly an elegant and romantic atmosphere, combined with 5-star cuisine! It also features a piano player during dinner, which contributes to a memorable experience. Later at night (after 10 or 10.30 PM) Club Medusa will be a Cognac and Cigar Bar, if you like to smoke a tasty Cigar or try one of their Brandy's or Cognac's. I did not buy any cigars on board and I heard their selection is limited. I rather go out while in port and select my own cigars (great cigar shops on almost any stop on the itinerary, no matter of Eastern or Western route)...

Thought you might be interested....

Andy

Cruise4Andy:

Thanks for information regarding wine and also thanks for the tip about the restaurant booking - sounds really nice.

It is actually our 32nd wedding anniversary 4 days before we start our cruise - so we may well consider doing that.

twojays:

Wow! Congratulations! That's absolutely wonderful!

We celebrated our 5th anniversary in January on the Mediterranea, which I surprised my wife with the cruise. I also booked the "Honeymoon Package", which they offer. It includes two bathrobes for you to keep, a nice italian silver picture frame, a free portrait from the photo shop (so let the photographer take plenty of pics), a free bottle of champagne delivered to your room, a flower buquet upon arrival in your room and a special cocktail party with the captain. Really nice, we enjoyed it a lot! If I remember correctly, it was like $ 129 for the package...

You may want to check it out on Costa's website, where you also can book it online...

Andy

Archived