Looking for a decent 'flip' style video camera

wyaracing

Anyone have any thoughts on getting one of those 'flip' style digital video cameras? I'm looking for something that can easily take video (stills would be good too) and is simple to use. Looking for something under $150 or so.

If it's waterproof, or I can purchase a waterproof case for it, would be a huge bonus, as I'd love to take video of the little guy in the pool and the beach on the island (maybe some snorkling too).

Going on RCI Explorer of Seas in a few weeks with our 11 month old, and would like to be able to take some video/pictures easily without lugging my big good camera around. I'd really like something lightweight that I can tuck into my shorts pocket and whip out quickly to capture our son during those special moments.

Any recomendations?

Grab a nice little compact like the GE DVI series:

http://www.amazon.com/GE-DV1-GG-Waterproof-Shockproof-Graphite/dp/B0044DEEJC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358309385&sr=8-1&keywords=ge+video

We used one for quick videos at my daughter's wedding and were quite pleased. It takes 5MP stills as well and is shock resistant and water proof to 15 ft.

It's a whole lot of video camera for under $100.

Dave

Grab a nice little compact like the GE DVI series:

http://www.amazon.com/GE-DV1-GG-Waterproof-Shockproof-Graphite/dp/B0044DEEJC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358309385&sr=8-1&keywords=ge+video

We used one for quick videos at my daughter's wedding and were quite pleased. It takes 5MP stills as well and is shock resistant and water proof to 15 ft.

It's a whole lot of video camera for under $100.

Dave

I've spent the last week reading a lot of reviews on this style compact waterproof video camera, even watched a ton of you tube videos from actual users and decided on the GE DV1 GG that you suggested, Thanks!

Got it on Amazon for $60 brand new with free shipping (I also ordered a 32gb card and accessory pack including floating wrist strap and case)....can't beat that! Looking forward to testing it when it arrives!

Thanks again for the suggestion!

Archived