sea sickness question

taffy62

I went to Chemist Warehouse today to stock up on my Ginger Capsules and Avomine.

The Pharmacist came up to me and said he would prefer to recommend me Stemetil (on the box it says Nausetil) as Avomine is a preventative and you have to take it before and during your travel. The problem with that is you may be taking drugs for no need as you may not get sick, plus you still get a dry mouth. Where as Stemitel is to stop you feeling sick and works pretty quickly when you take it and doesn't cause such a dry mouth. (His words not mine).

So I went with his recs and got the Stemelil.

Tried to get the Ginger Capsules but all I can find is tablets. Most people here where I live recommend the Blackmores Ginger Travel Calm so I reckon I will get theses on Monday. Just unsure how many packets to get as they come in packs of 45 for ten dollars and will want enough for hubby and me and not sure if I will have to take about 3 a day

Hi there- I am curious as you wrote abt Avomine. I've heard of that before and even asked the girl in my pharmacy..she sd she's nvr heard of it, can you please tell me abt it?

Thank you

Hi there- I am curious as you wrote abt Avomine. I've heard of that before and even asked the girl in my pharmacy..she sd she's nvr heard of it, can you please tell me abt it?

Thank you

Ask for Phenargan, the other brand name They are both promethazin (generic name)

The Pharmacist came up to me and said he would prefer to recommend me Stemetil (on the box it says Nausetil) as Avomine is a preventative and you have to take it before and during your travel.

On this side of the pond the brand name for Stemetil would be Compazine. (generic for both is Prochlorperazine). Also available OTC in form of suppository- if one is throwing up and cannot keep anything down by mouth, that would be useful.. 5mg and 10mg tablets, spansules and syrup by prescription- Caution: You need to know the infrequent but possible side effects of feeling jittery, agitated and restless (Benadryl and discontinuation of drug will help) and a more scary effect of twitching of muscles of face, neck around eyes where injectable Benadryl or Cogentin may be required.Both wear off in hours as blood levels come down.

I managed to get the capsules from health store. They life stream brand 1000mg per capsule black more tablets only 400mg a tablet. So i thought there may be better. Hope i don't get heart burn but i will take them with lots me water as was suggested. Yay 2 more sleeps :) .

Archived