Sorry...another Early Saver question. Changing a cruiser?

tasmith09

Sorry. I skim these boards all the time so I know this question has been asked 100 times before, but for the life of me I can't find the search button to find an earlier thread on the topic.

We are booked on the April 28 Glory sailing. Final payment is due February 12. We are booked early saver and do not have insurance.

Me and DH are all set to go and super excited, but FIL is starting to change his mind and may decide he does not want to go. (Forget the telling him to "go and make the best of it" tips. If he doesn't want to be happy, he won't be, and nobody around him will be either). MIL still wants to go with or without him. She would like to switch him out for somebody else if possible.

Is there any way to make this work? I know it will cost quite a bit, but what is the best way to go about it? Can we just cancel him, lose his $250 deposit, and book someone else? Or would we lose more than that?

Can we switch them to a 3-person room and make him a no-show? The problem with this is they are in a extended balcony next to our aft wrap and we'd like to open it up and share the space, so we'd rather not give up the room.

I'm at a loss. DH has always sent all cruise questions my way since I spend so much time obsessing over cruise planning and I am literally on these boards every day just perusing, but I don't know what the best course of action to take is now.

Please share any ideas you may have!!

He must decide before Final Payment date or he will lose the entire $250/deposit. Call whoever you booked with if you want to add another person. If he cancels before final payment, he would lose $50 of deposit and Carnival would keep $200 in his name towards a future cruise within the next 2 years. If he doesn't care about losing the deposit and wants to keep his options open, the other person can be added at the 3rd PAX fare which may be much less than the first 2 fares. Our boys fare was only $179 on Valor and Glory.

Archived