Beaches in Freeport?

cml88

We are stopping in Freeport and my plan is to spend the day at the beach. We are looking for a beautiful beach that is no farther than 20 minutes from the port. I have never been to Freeport so my questions are....

What beach options do I have? I've heard the names Junkanoo & Lucaya thrown around, but I'm not sure

How far is each?

Which one has the clearest water?!

Do they have a bar/bathrooms?

Thanks!!!

We are stopping in Freeport and my plan is to spend the day at the beach. We are looking for a beautiful beach that is no farther than 20 minutes from the port. I have never been to Freeport so my questions are....

What beach options do I have? I've heard the names Junkanoo & Lucaya thrown around, but I'm not sure

How far is each?

Which one has the clearest water?!

Do they have a bar/bathrooms?

Thanks!!!

you can take a taxi from port over to Lucaya and depending on the time of year the beach can be free or it can be $30 as i've experienced both. of course it was free at spring break and so crowded you could barely find a spot to sit and when i paid to sit at the Radisson there were barely 20 people there. you would be best to contact the Rad ahead of time or there is a day pass website that might be of help. Junkaroo is Nassau unless there is another one in Freeport that i'm unaware of.

Archived