Drink Package Questions...

DMLyons

I'm getting a lot of conflicting information on the new alcoholic drink package, so I wanted to ask a quick question or two about it.

1) We're thinking of taking a cruise with our children. I've read that all adults in the cabin have to be enrolled in the alcohol package, but my situation is this: I know children over 18 can drink aboard ship with parental permission, but my under 21 adult child does not have that permission...nor does she wish to drink alcohol. We won't be locked into her being in the package just because some parents choose to let their over 18s drink, will we? Though she is legally an adult, she's not "drinking" adult, and we prefer it that way.

2) Is there any definitive list of what sorts of drinks the package will or will not cover? My husband is easy...mostly beer and a few simple mixed drinks like rum and Coke, which we know are covered. I enjoy cocktails that have a few different alcohols in them. Are the latter covered or not?

Brenna

I'm getting a lot of conflicting information on the new alcoholic drink package, so I wanted to ask a quick question or two about it.

1) We're thinking of taking a cruise with our children. I've read that all adults in the cabin have to be enrolled in the alcohol package, but my situation is this: I know children over 18 can drink aboard ship with parental permission, but my under 21 adult child does not have that permission...nor does she wish to drink alcohol. We won't be locked into her being in the package just because some parents choose to let their over 18s drink, will we? Though she is legally an adult, she's not "drinking" adult, and we prefer it that way.

2) Is there any definitive list of what sorts of drinks the package will or will not cover? My husband is easy...mostly beer and a few simple mixed drinks like rum and Coke, which we know are covered. I enjoy cocktails that have a few different alcohols in them. Are the latter covered or not?

Brenna

Just thought I would add that there is no Coke available at the bars....Pepsi product only.

I understand the alcohol part of the UBP but the pop "soda" part I am wondering about is it included in the purchase of the UBP ?as well is the gratuities added in every drink or just on the UBP? Thank you in advance for the help as I am struggling with this package ,

Archived