First Time In Nassau any thoughts please

gbphatcat

Will be in Nassau Feb. 28 from 8-5 This is what i was planning to do, just wanting to make sure I will have enough time or am i trying to do to much.

I am planning to get off the ship and take the bus or a taxi over to the zoo for the the first two shows of the day, then stopping at the fish fry for lunch. After that I wanted to visit the pirate museum and Fort Fincastle and the staircase. them make my way back to the ship while maybe doing a little shopping along the way.

any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated. Am i missing anything i might could squeeze a few minutes into lol :)

Will be in Nassau Feb. 28 from 8-5 This is what i was planning to do, just wanting to make sure I will have enough time or am i trying to do to much.

I am planning to get off the ship and take the bus or a taxi over to the zoo for the the first two shows of the day, then stopping at the fish fry for lunch. After that I wanted to visit the pirate museum and Fort Fincastle and the staircase. them make my way back to the ship while maybe doing a little shopping along the way.

any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated. Am i missing anything i might could squeeze a few minutes into lol :)

I think you day is pretty much filled.

Ardastra opens at 9 and the first show is at 10:30.

The fish fry is NOT fast food.. it can take 1.5 hrs to be served, eat and pay you bill.. so plan accordingly.

I'd grab the jitney back from the fish fry.. it unloads just a short distance from the pirates museum.

Don't forget, you will likely need to be back onboard by 4pm.. which is cutting it close.

I think you day is pretty much filled.

Ardastra opens at 9 and the first show is at 10:30.

The fish fry is NOT fast food.. it can take 1.5 hrs to be served, eat and pay you bill.. so plan accordingly.

I'd grab the jitney back from the fish fry.. it unloads just a short distance from the pirates museum.

Don't forget, you will likely need to be back onboard by 4pm.. which is cutting it close.

Thanks ScubaGirl Is there anyplace else close by i might could pick up something quick for lunch to conserve time

Thanks ScubaGirl Is there anyplace else close by i might could pick up something quick for lunch to conserve time

You'll find plenty of options downtown for grabbing a bite. There are several Plaza's downtown, that run between the wharf and Bay Street .. International Plaza has Olives, Prince George Plaza has a couple of locals cafes and upstairs is Iguanas. Stix Grill - next to harley davison.

You'll come across a ton of places. Let them know your on a tight schdule.

I don't recommend driving a scooter in nassau. machines are not well maintained (no brakes, no signals, breakdowns etc) and the streets are full of pot holes and crazy drivers.

We have serious, and sometimes fatal accidents every day.. and we see others coming back to port broken and bruised all day long.

Do yourself a favor and rent a cab if you want to sight see.. or hop on the #10 jitney for a ride along the coast to Cable Beach.. it's $1.25 ea. way.

We also have a escalating crime problem outside of the tourist areas.. so unless you have a knowledge of the island.. you could be putting yourself in danger.

I don't recommend driving a scooter in nassau. machines are not well maintained (no brakes, no signals, breakdowns etc) and the streets are full of pot holes and crazy drivers.

We have serious, and sometimes fatal accidents every day.. and we see others coming back to port broken and bruised all day long.

Do yourself a favor and rent a cab if you want to sight see.. or hop on the #10 jitney for a ride along the coast to Cable Beach.. it's $1.25 ea. way.

We also have a escalating crime problem outside of the tourist areas.. so unless you have a knowledge of the island.. you could be putting yourself in danger.

Did the site hiccup??? I posted this earlier today under my name... did you just copy/paste... or did the website screw up?/

Archived