Anyone take a public bus from BasseTerre to Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park?

CaribbeanBound

I understand the public buses are $1 to $2 and will run from BasseTerre to Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park and back. Granted, they drop you off at the bottom (requiring a 1.25 mile hike up the hill), but I'd still like to know if anyone has done it and if there is a good way to hitch a ride to the top?

It is a long & steep walk from the main road to the fortress. I am pretty sure you will probably not be able to hitch a ride up to the fort because most of the traffic will be tour operators with paying tour participants. Good luck

I understand the public buses are $1 to $2 and will run from BasseTerre to Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park and back. Granted, they drop you off at the bottom (requiring a 1.25 mile hike up the hill), but I'd still like to know if anyone has done it and if there is a good way to hitch a ride to the top?

trust me.... you will not want to walk up that hill! We took Thenford Grey's tour which included Brimstone Fortress and loved it.

• 3 weeks later...

In the arrivals building on Port Zante the taxi dispatchers sell the full island tour for USD 20 per person ( that is the regulated government rate) with stops at Romney - 30 mins, Brimstone - 45 mins ( pay your own entrance fee which is USD 8 (adult) but as from October the entrance fee will increase to USD 10 adult)and Black Rocks - 20 mins. Some drivers even do it for USD 15 per person.

Archived