Sailing Rivieria Aft, experiences?

hott_michelle2001

We sailed Riviera aft on the Ecstasy, an older ship, years ago and it was pretty noisy. We were about 3 cabins closer to the aft than the cabin you're considering, on the inside. It didn't bother us too much, but it was definitely very noticeable, especially when we were docking in the early mornings.

I don't know how helpful this is since we weren't on the Triumph and all ships are different, but I thought I'd toss it out there.

I think it was a 3-day to Ensenada (on the Paradise?) that we went with a guarantee stateroom and wound up in the very last ocean view stateroom aft on the portside. We have no idea what went on at the very aft, but it sounded like a bowling ball being dropped onto a metal deck from about a 10 ft. height, at about 4-5 minute intervals. VERY noisy. Most difficult to get to sleep....but you'd be surprised what you can sleep through if you get tired enough. We went to the purser/concierge/hotel desk (whatever it is) and asked about it, but all cabins were taken, there was no moving us.

Oh, well! Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes you're the fire hydrant!

Archived