Gold Sail and Sign Cards?

Hei1980

On one of the postings I read about a gold S & S card, I had the impression it was given if you sailed a certain amount of times on Carnival? Is this true? Also, what is the game played where you pick a color to be on a team? I did a search but could not come up with the answers? Sorry if this is old hat?Thanks.

On one of the postings I read about a gold S & S card, I had the impression it was given if you sailed a certain amount of times on Carnival? Is this true?

Gold....after two sailings. Platimum...after ten. No "value" [other than maybe a "welcome back"] as yet. Speculation is that may change in the future. No further information as to "how".

The colors is sort of a theme they use all week to get people enthused in the activities. You will be assigned a color based on your dining room seating. There are three colored teams with one each of red, ****e, and blue. They award what appears to be fictional points throughout the cruise to each team.

Gold....after two sailings. Platimum...after ten. No "value" [other than maybe a "welcome back"] as yet. Speculation is that may change in the future. No further information as to "how".

I've never had a Gold S & S Card??

Is this new?? I went on the Spirit 2 weeks ago and I dont think I heard or saw anyone with gold or platinum cards...

Gold, What the Heck! I have never heard of that and I have been on 4 carnival Cruises!

Is this something new? I wouldn't mind a different color sign and sail card than the plain original. It would be nice if they had the ship that you are going on for that cruise on the card.

What gives?

Ken

Destiny 5/00

Destiny 10/01

Triumph 6/02

Yoyager 9/03

Glory 9/04

Gold, What the Heck! I have never heard of that and I have been on 4 carnival Cruises!

Is this something new? I wouldn't mind a different color sign and sail card than the plain original. It would be nice if they had the ship that you are going on for that cruise on the card.

What gives?

Ken

Destiny 5/00

Destiny 10/01

Triumph 6/02

Yoyager 9/03

Glory 9/04

Yes it's something new. They are being rolled out on a ship by ship basis this summer, I believe. I hope to have my Platinum card waiting for me in July! :)

Spirit doesn't have them yet.

The red white & blue teams thing is just a gimmick... there are no prizes for winners. I sailed with some B2B'ers and on their first leg they tried to get as many points as possible, then found out it was for nothing but bragging rights (which no one cared about).

After a search on the Carnival website, this is all I came up with:

Past Guest Recognition Program - features special Gold and Platinum Sail & Sign cards for returning guests. Cards will give entrée into the exclusive cocktail reception held for returning guests (5 day or longer cruises) and help alert ship's staff to your exceptional status.

...A couple of months ago, posters began talking about this. From what I understood from reading their comments:

First-time Carnival cruisers receive the regular red/white/blue card.

Past guests with less than 10 Carnival cruises receive the gold card.

Past guests with 10 or more Carnival cruises receive the platinum card.

MY guess is they probably plan to stop issuing invitations to the Past Guest party, and will allow entrance only with the gold/platinum cards? It would cut out a lot of folks who go to the party who aren't entitled to....like friends of past guests. No gold card, no party. Sounds fair to me.:)

And Tony - I'm curious as to why you typed white as w***e?:confused:

Yes it's something new. They are being rolled out on a ship by ship basis this summer, I believe. I hope to have my Platinum card waiting for me in July! :)

Already 10(+) cruises??? And your younger than me... ??? AHHH!!!! The world is not fair... LOL

I don't think friends of past guests, sailing in the same cabin, should be barred from the party. I was invited my first cruise because my friend, sharing the cabin, was a past guest. What about spouses where one spouse has cruised previously? Does he leave his wife in the cabin? ;)

I don't think friends of past guests, sailing in the same cabin, should be barred from the party. I was invited my first cruise because my friend, sharing the cabin, was a past guest. What about spouses where one spouse has cruised previously? Does he leave his wife in the cabin? ;)

I won't get into that. I am simply surmising on the reasoning for the new cards.:)

Well look at it this way. At the beginning of the cruise the CD sits down and checks the number of previous cruisers then picks an appropriate time/venue for the size of the group.

Next thing ya know the venue is way over crowded and that aren't enough waiters etc, etc.

Happened to me on the Glory. Showed up early for the thing and there was already no place to sit.

Duck, they split us into TWO groups at different times in the Pharoah's lounge (biggest) since there were 300 back-to-backers along with all of the regular past guests! They staffed it very well though, thankfully.

After a search on the Carnival website, this is all I came up with:

Past Guest Recognition Program - features special Gold and Platinum Sail & Sign cards for returning guests. Cards will give entrée into the exclusive cocktail reception held for returning guests (5 day or longer cruises) and help alert ship's staff to your exceptional status.

...A couple of months ago, posters began talking about this. From what I understood from reading their comments:

[/b]

I would love to have a Gold or Platinum Sign and Sail Card, its nice to be recognized and its great for my scrapbooks, but is a colored S & S Card the only thing they could come up with as a Recognition Program??? :confused:

My boss has sailed many times with Princess, RCCL and Celebrity and he gets great incentives for going back and recognition. For example, the Anchor Club and Circle Clubs and all sorts of free things. :D

I know Carnival now has the Carnival Vacation Club and the things that you would think should be free as incentives they want to charge you a LOT of money for... Doesnt make any sense to me... Regardless, I am going to sail with Carnival but I wish there was something more than colored Sign and Sail Cards.. :)

I would love to have a Gold or Platinum Sign and Sail Card, its nice to be recognized and its great for my scrapbooks, but is a colored S & S Card the only thing they could come up with as a Recognition Program??? :confused:

My boss has sailed many times with Princess, RCCL and Celebrity and he gets great incentives for going back and recognition. For example, the Anchor Club and Circle Clubs and all sorts of free things. :D

I know Carnival now has the Carnival Vacation Club and the things that you would think should be free as incentives they want to charge you a LOT of money for... Doesnt make any sense to me... Regardless, I am going to sail with Carnival but I wish there was something more than colored Sign and Sail Cards.. :)

Don't we all? LOL

• 2 years later...

where does everyone place their sail and sign cards when on board? i was thinking of purchasing an id holder for around my neck to store my s & s card while on board. are there any sail and sign card holders available for purchase?

Archived