Glory Tours

buttons

I am trying to decide what to do in Barbados. The Glory Tours sounds great because I will be doing land and sea, which my DH and I are interested in since we have never been to Barbados. Is this trip recommended, or there any other suggestions.

I think the tour was called "Best of Barbados." The cost was $77 for adults (don't remember the kids prices), which was a great deal because it included all admissions and lunch. We met the driver at 9. We had a total of 7 on the tour, although the 3 that were not in our group did not participate in the afternoon water portion. We first went to Harrison's Cave, where we beat the crowds and got on one of the first tours. We then went to the Orchid Farm and then to Bathsheba. We had a decent lunch at a small restaurant and then went to the Wildlife Reserve

we were then dropped off at the beach for our snorkeling activities. We had a little snafu here in that we were late to meet the boat and ended up waiting about 30 minutes on the beach (it was really our fault because my kids didn't want to leave the Wildlife Reserve). The boat we went out in was a little fishing boat that probably held 10 people and will not impress anyone. We were taken out to the turtles, which my kids (ages 4 and 8) absolutely loved - we probably saw 15 or so turtles. Because we were running late, we opted against the snorkeling at the shipwreck and instead went to shore, where Sara, the owner of the company, met us and took us to the ship

I would take this tour again in a heartbeat. It was a highlight of our trip. It was also a superb deal. We had considered renting a car, as we did on some other islands, but this worked out much better

My dh and I will be in Barbados on Dec. 2nd and have tried to schedue the "Best of Barbados" from Glory tours. They only do this tour on Wed. unless they have quite a few people to sign up for it. Are there any others that would like to sign up for the tour. If so, e-mail Sarah at [email]tours@glorytours.org[/email]. Thanks. Sounds like a great trip.

• 4 weeks later...
We have taken the "Natural Wonders" tour twice with Glory Tours. The second time they modified the tour at my request since I had previously been on it. Both tours were very good! There are two things to be perfectly clear about since there have been problems with Glory Tours by others in the past. The first thing is that the "tour pass" referred to on their opening page is [b]very important[/b]. Some people have been left waiting at the pick-up site thinking they had a tour booked and they did not. There is no storefront or office. The tour van picks you up at a designated spot. If you don't receive a "tour pass" you won't get picked up.

The second thing is to be very clear about how many are in your tour. There have been several complaints by people thinking that they had arranged a tour for two, four or six, only to find out that others had been added to their group without their knowledge.

As I said previously, we were very pleased with our tours and our guides. I have no complaints and would highly recommend Glory Tours.

Archived