Parking suggestions at Tampa

jaredcoreymama

I am looking for suggestions regarding parking for our upcoming cruise on the Carnival Legend in Tampa. I know I can park at the port, but I was looking for some other ideas also. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Capital parking is $7.99/day. Also with the promo code "cruise4" you will get a free day!

Some hotels offer a park and cruise pkg with a round trip shuttle .

The three hotels that I know of that offer the round trip are: Holiday Inn Rocky Point, Hamption Inn Rocky Point and Chase Suites Rocky Point.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn RP twice and the shuttle system is very organized and efficient. They run 2 shuttles on cruise days so the wait is a very short one. The Rocky Point area is near the airport and overlooks the Bay. It's a very nice area about a 15 min shuttle ride from the port. I would have no problem leaving my car in any of the above hotels for a week.

Good luck to you. :)

If you do book a hotel, keep checking on the price. We orginally booked the pkg for $119 and saw an online special for $89. I called the hotel and they honored the price change. Pretty darn good deal for a room, free hot breakfast and round trip shuttle.

I have used both the Holiday Inn Rocky Point, as well as Capital Parking. HIRP provided GREAT service both times we used them. Our last trip out of Tampa, we decided to use Priceline to get a nicer hotel in Tampa, rather than on the outskirts, like HIRP. We paid ~$70 for a 4* hotel on Priceline, then paid $20-something to park with Capital. Our total was under $100 for both.

Capital provided great service and was very prompt. I'd recommend them for sure.

We just stayed at the Hampton Inn Rocky Point in Tampa.

The hotel is just west of the Airport.

We drove to Tampa, so we purchased a cruise package that included free parking, a shuttle to and from the port or airport and a very nice breakfast buffet. The hotel shuttle will take you to local restaurants or drug stores, etc.

As mentioned by others here, the shuttle service is excellent going and returning from the port. They will drop you off at the airport if you have a flight going out.

Hampton Inn is just next door to the Holdiay Inn Express. I heard that the two hotels are owned by the same company.

Both hotels face the water.

There is a Bahama Breeze next door that you can walk to. The restaurant offers music on an outside covered veranda that overlooks the water. The food and drinks are excellent! Google Bahama Breeze for the menu.

Which ever hotel you decide on, do continue to check the rates after you book with them.. I often find a cheaper rate than what I book, and then I cancel the older reservation.

Good luck, and have fun on your cruise.

Dorothy

Archived