South beach from miami cruise port

theduck57

South Beach is right there by the Port, you just need to take McArthur Causeway and repass your ship and you'll be there.

Just leave yourself enough time because traffic from South Beach to Fort Lauderdale in the afternoon is nothing to play with, especially during the work/school week. Any incidents and you're pretty much stuck.

There are also some nice beaches further north up in Sunny Isles, Hollywood and even Dania . . . closer to the airport.

In my opinion, the three nicest beach areas around and in between Miami and Fort Lauderdale are Crandon Park (Key Biscayne), South Beach, and Hollywood Beach.

Key Biscayne will be out of your way, so I suggest spending your time either around South Beach or Hollywood Beach. If you have all day, then you can combine both!

South Beach is a very wide beach, with white powdery sand, and is perfect for walking and even biking on the beach (on the hard-packed sand). I suggest parking around the furthest south end (near South Pointe Park) and walking/biking north.

You can drive on the same road north along A1A from South Beach to Hollwood Beach (I wouldn't bother with Haulover, Sunny Isles, or Dania Beach). The broadwalk is about 2.5miles of pedestrian-only brick pavement, and there are lots of bars and restaurants along the way. Here is more info:

http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/hollywoodbeachbroadwalk.aspx

Archived