"Hey! That's not my port!" -- A Carnival Destiny Photo Review

DeloreanGirl

Hi Blueboss,

We had SO many cool things planned for Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk! I had about 2 hours to quickly Google ideas for Freeport and Key West. If I had months to do research it would have been more exciting, but we made the best of it as newbies! I'd definitely look into excursions in Freeport because there is nothing to do and nothing nearby the ship where it docks (except Senor Frogs). ;) But if you are fortunate enough to go to HMC and Grand Turk you will have a great time!

if we were not going to england in june, we would join u on NCL pearl

sounds like a fun itinerary

a wonderful pre mother's day celebration for you & mom !

we are so excited about england !

• 4 months later...

Sorry for resurrecting an older thread, but I happened on this report from another, newer thread, and I just had to say thank you for the tear-inducing, snorty-ugly belly laugh you gave me regarding the picture coming off the ship in Freeport (with the Nassau frame!).

Oh my goodness, I needed that laugh today!

Sorry for resurrecting an older thread, but I happened on this report from another, newer thread, and I just had to say thank you for the tear-inducing, snorty-ugly belly laugh you gave me regarding the picture coming off the ship in Freeport (with the Nassau frame!).

Oh my goodness, I needed that laugh today!

Thanks! Glad you liked it! It was a fun cruise but pretty laughable with how everything sort of "broke", especially after all the bad Carnival press on the news. :(

Did someone else link to my report and that's how you saw it? That's pretty sweet. :)

Loved reading your review!! Going to go and read the BI one everyone keeps raving about!!

Just wanted to point out a statement you made that I absolutely loved --

I basically consider Carnival the Southwest Airlines of cruise ships. They’re simple, they’re fun, they’re wonderfully priced, they get you to where you need to go and the crew is happy.

I get so tired of Carnival being called 'Walmart of the seas'! :( You said it much better and I loved it! :)

I have to tell you that these last few photo's are really good. Love the perspective. Kind of my style of photography. I'm a real photo enthusiast and I might actually borrow some of your idea's. LOVE the sandals on the chair and the silhouette of your (I'm assuming) tootsies! Loving the review.

Thanks! Glad you liked it! It was a fun cruise but pretty laughable with how everything sort of "broke", especially after all the bad Carnival press on the news. :(

Did someone else link to my report and that's how you saw it? That's pretty sweet. :)

I think you had posted a while ago in the Carnival "partying" thread that you were about to take your first Carnival cruise, and I was curious to see how you liked it, so I clicked on your review in your signature. :)

It served two purposes for me: we're going on Sunshine in November & I was hoping to see some details about the layout of the ship, even though there would be many changes. It helped a lot!

When I saw your name on this review I had to read it as I loved your BI's cruise write-up. I was not disappointed with this one either. My husband and I are doing the New England cruise in Sept. on the Glory and aside from my going on a 4-day Bahama jaunt years ago, we are basically new to Carnival. I enjoyed your perspective as we have only Princess to compare to. I feel the same as you do, you make the most out of a bad situation and go with the flow. It is a vacation after all and although you missed the ports you had planned on seeing, you enjoyed what you did in the ones you had to visit. We are looking forward to a "different" type of cruise because of being on Carnival and because it is a cool weather cruise. Not our usual type but again, we are so excited to try something different and giving us bang for our buck. Anyhow thanks again for a great review!!!

Archived